Posted on: February 14, 2019
Location: San Francisco, CA- United StatesJob ID: 18WD30229
Position OverviewDo you have a passion for building cloud platform solutions? Do you thrive in delivering distributed, scalable and resilient systems? If this sounds like you, read on!
The Subscriber Platform Group (SPG) - Shared Services team is looking for a highly motivated, seasoned engineer to build out Cloud Platform Services. You will be part of a team that conceptualizes, designs, builds, deploys, manages and supports cloud platform tools, frameworks and services to enable engineering teams to deliver business value faster with performance, availability, security and scalability.
- Architect, design, develop, maintain and support Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) frameworks, tools, services and libraries leveraging public cloud infrastructures
- Build automation tools and frameworks for on-demand deployment environments, application definition, infrastructure provisioning and microservices management
- Develop self-service capabilities for platform components and transparent platform-level features to address cross-cutting concerns
- Provide strong technical leadership to the team and demonstrate end-to-end technical ownership of the solution
- Collaborate with Architects, DevOps Engineers, Engineering Managers, Product Managers and Engineers across the organization to deliver a comprehensive solution
- Perform code reviews, design reviews and provide constant feedback to the team
- Evaluate new tools and technologies through POCs and propose solutions for implementation
- Champion and implement strong software development principles and best practices: Test-driven development (TDD), CI/CD, code refactoring, coding standards, etc.
- Document best practices, guides, systems design, reference architectures and implementations
- Identify industry best practices and keep up with the latest developments and trends
- Coach, mentor and cross-train team members
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 12 Years of professional software engineering experience in building large-scale distributed systems
- Strong hands-on experience in developing applications in one or more language stacks: Java, Python, Go
- Strong experience in building platform-level shared libraries, frameworks, components, tools and services
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming, service-oriented architectures, microservices and design patterns
- Strong hands-on experience in one or more of Containers and Container Orchestration frameworks: Docker, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Amazon ECS, Amazon EKS, AWS Fargate, etc.
- Strong hands-on knowledge of one or more of Infrastructure-as-Code tools and technologies: Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, Packer, etc.
- 5 Years of experience in public cloud infrastructures: AWS preferred
- Experience with Service Mesh, Service Discovery, Routing tools and technologies: Istio, Consul, ZooKeeper, zuul, linkerd, envoy
- Experience with Metrics, Monitoring & Alerting tools: Catchpoint, Sensu, Prometheus, Nagios, Zabbix, InfluxDB, Graphite, Grafana, AWS CloudWatch, Datadog
- Experience with APM tools: New Relic, Dynatrace
- Experience with Log Management tools: ELK stack, Splunk
- Experience with secrets management, certificates, encryption and keys: Vault, AWS KMS
- Experience with CI/CD, DevOps and Pipeline-As-Code: Jenkins
- Exposure to Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Puppet
- Exposure to Function-as-a-Service, AWS Lambda, Serverless
- Experience with Agile software development and Scrum methodology
The Ideal Candidate
- Highly motivated
- Self-directed and fast learner
- Demonstrated experience in delivering end-to-end solutions
- Demonstrated experience in working with large-scale distributed systems
Keywords: Autodesk, Austin , Architect/Engineer, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!