Research Data Engineer
Location: Round Rock
Posted on: February 14, 2019
h2> Research Data Engineer Competitive salary
Round Rock, TX
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company - we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can-t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Research Data Engineer on our in Support and Deployment Services Technology Research Team in Round Rock, TX.
The SDS Technology Research Team is a new group in search of a Data Engineer. The Data Engineer will define and execute a research portfolio for data engineering enhancement and automation across SDS. They will collaborate with research scientists, research production engineers, strategists, and other technical leads to ensure that best practices are embedded in end-to-end solutions. The Data Engineer should embody the creativity and urgency to conduct new research yielding leading-edge, competitive solutions for Dell-s customers and Dell SDS internal processes. In partnership with Dell SDS leadership, they will realize a long-term vision that transforms the processes of today into new AI-driven processes. Some research efforts will be internal while others will be performed in collaboration with academic institutions and business partners. The Data Engineer should have the practical business knowledge required to build a research portfolio that will yield the highest expected long-term value for Dell-s business functions and processes. Key Responsibilities
- Lead cutting-edge research in data engineering and directly contribute to development of data engineering important to SDS.
- Leads design and architecture and building of data engineering solutions and creates proposed data design changes/suggestions to processes,.
- Write functional detailed design specs as well as responding to requirement documents and system level plans.
- Broad knowledge of all aspects of data engineering strategies and methodologies.
- Act as the SDS representative to collaborate with other industry experts on data engineering to represent and solidify SDS's thought leadership in the domain.
- Leads the development and testing of algorithms/functions to address core subject-matter requirements and customer engagements.
- Build a research portfolio for short-term and long-term expected business wins built on state-of-the-art and emerging technologies.
- Develop IP for Dell in the form of patents and submit publications to relevant conferences. Essential Requirements
- Requires 12+ years of related experience in a professional role with a Bachelor-s degree; or 8+ years with a Master-s degree; or 5+ years with a PhD; or equivalent experience.
- Experience contributing to research communities and/or efforts, including publications at conferences and/or patents.
- Experience in experimental design across multiple domains of research.
- Must have exceptional communication skills as you would have to clearly articulate advanced concepts to a wide range of audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver enterprise grade data engineering solutions for large scale environments.
- Passion to keep current on emerging technologies in the big data, data science, artificial intelligence and machine learning space.
- Experience with Python, R, Scala, C, C++ Benefits We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities - all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment. If you share our passion for data and you-re keen to play a key role in driving progress, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell. Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here .
- provided by Dice Algorithms, Architecture, Artificial Intelligence, C++, Civil, Development, Embedded, Genetic, HTTP, Python, Research, Testing
Keywords: Dell, Austin , Research Data Engineer, Engineering , Round Rock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!