Job Number: Security Engineer
Company: EKHP Consulting
Posted on: December 9, 2018
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES The Worker will be required to perform advanced network router, switch, firewall and ISE system work which will involve:
- implementation, maintenance, and monitoring of the agency's Cisco ISE solution
- install, configure, test, upgrade, and maintain the Cisco ISE equipment and software
- direct the implementation of modifications to agency's Cisco ISE solution
- manage and administer ISE servers, including planning and coordinating upgrades and maintenance activities
- implementation, maintenance, and monitoring of the agency's network routers, switches, firewalls and wireless solution
- install, configure, test, upgrade, and maintain network routers, switches, firewalls and wireless solution and software
- direct the implementation of modifications to agency's network routers, switches, firewalls and wireless solution
- using Cisco ISE, routers, switches firewall and wireless implement the following
- 1x authentication
- Wired infrastructure
- Remote VPN
- Posture assessments for connected computers
- Multifactor Authentication
- Guest wireless
- troubleshoot network issues
- document implementation plan, changes, architecture and troubleshooting guides.
- cross-train team members The Worker must be able to work under limited supervision of the Section Manager of Network and Communications. Onsite Requirements: Worker will be required to work on site with the team. Working remotely will be limited and must be pre-approved by the Project Manager and Direct Supervisor WORKER SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS (Required)
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently in a diverse team environment with local and remote teams
- Must possess problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task with readiness to put in extra efforts when necessary
- Perform related work as assigned
- Must be able to work independently
- Knowledge of software development methodologies
- Must possess problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task
- Must be able to work around projects and deadlines with readiness to put in extra efforts when necessary
WORKER SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS Minimum Requirements: Years & Skills/Experience 5 years' Experience with network infrastructure 4 years' Experience with Cisco routing and switching 3 years' Experience with implementing security features with network routers and switches 3 years' Experience with Cisco wireless solution and remote access VPN 3 years' Experience implementing ISE 802.1x 2 years' Experience with Cisco ISE version 2.x 1 year Experience implementing ISE version 2.x - posture assessment 1 year Experience implementing multifactor authentication 1 year Experience implement ISE guest wireless Current Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Preferences: Years & Skills/Experience Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Security and/or Routing and Switching Cisco Certified Internet Expert (CCIE) 3 years' Proficient with the Microsoft Office products, including Microsoft Project, Word, Visio, Excel and PowerPoint 2 years' Experience with knowledge transfer and cross-training TERM OF SERVICE This is currently a 8.5-month assignment: Estimated FY19: 1362 hours Period of Service: 12/15/18 - 08/31/19. This assignment may be extended based on need and funding. (# of hours may change based on negotiated hourly rate). This request includes the option for CPA to renew this assignment for the following terms: FY20 9/1/19-8/31/20, FY21 9/1/20 to 8/31/21, and FY22: 9/1/21 to 8/31/22 Note: May be changed depending on CPA business needs and funding. Note: Working overtime may be expected in order to meet tight deadlines. Proposed Work Period: Start as soon as possible thru 8/31/19 - maybe extended as needed Note: May change depending on CPA business needs and funding. PROPOSED WORK HOURS AND LOCATION Work Hours: 40 hours per week or more. Candidate may have to work evenings or weekends in order to meet business needs and or deadlines.
WORK HOURS AND LOCATION
- Services shall be provided during normal business hours unless otherwise coordinated through the CPA. Normal business hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM through 5:00 PM, excluding State holidays when the agency is closed. Part-time assignment. Candidate may have to work evening or weekends in order to meet business needs or deadlines.
- The primary Work location will be at 111 E. 17th Street, Austin, Texas 78774. Other locations may be used or may be office in another Austin location. Any and all travel, per diem, parking, and/or living expenses shall be at the Worker's and/or Vendor's expense.
Keywords: EKHP Consulting, Austin , Job Number: Security Engineer, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!