Company: Stratus Technology Services, LLC
Posted on: November 11, 2018
Job Description:This is a direct hire opportunity in Austin, TX. The Network Engineering team is responsible for ensuring the maximum possible service availability and performance for customer facing services and internal networks. The Network Engineering team is responsible for managing, enhancing and maintaining the network. We are looking to recruit an experienced Network Engineer. While you will have some commercial experience working as a Network Engineer, it's more important that you have the aptitude and demonstrable skills needed to fulfill this role whilst working with members of the team will help you develop your skills and confidence with the network. We interact frequently with Network Architecture, Technical Support, Managed Support, Service Provisioning and Sales teams so it's important that we are able to communicate ideas and information to people from a non-technical background. We also work very closely with the architecture and design teams and as such need to have a good all-round understanding of networks and systems. Importantly, Network Engineers must develop a solid understanding of products and processes, they must be keen to learn, able to use their experience and initiative to tackle a broad range of problems and contribute to the growing success. Once you've settled into the role, you may be asked to join our call-out rota providing24x7 Level 3 support for our key services as well as covering both planned and unplanned out of hours work as required. What you will do:
- Ensure stable and reliable network services (e.g. access products, service networks and core network).
- Management as well as maintenance and enhancement of the network systems
- Practical application abilities; analytical as well as logical reasoning skills
- Identification of errors and faults in the network and devising methods to overcome them and solve all network engineering related problems.
- Network troubleshooting and fault analysis; hardware/software troubleshooting and repair.
- Network related issues and aspects - such as routing, switching, load balancing, kernel level management, and handling of network tools, etc. need to be understood clearly and completely.
- It is an important responsibility of a network engineer to properly execute installations and upgradation of the network, as and when required.
- Implementation of configuration changes via our change control systems and processes.
- Assist Level 2 NOC and Security Operations with monitoring, analyzing, and resolving network priority 1 - 4 incidents.
- Take ownership of network engineering tickets until resolution or escalation.
- Ensure all JIRA tickets are updated with accurate information and closed in a timely fashion.
- Follow documented procedures to record issue resolution to insure client satisfaction.
- Provide incident resolution via phone calls, incident managment tool, and/or email.
- Understand and work within established Service Level Agreements (SLA) to ensure timely response to inbound issues.
- Provide high quality customer service and network related technical support with an emphasis on issue resolution and quality.
- The network engineer must communicate with clients, whenever required, to explain them the technicalities related to network and their efficient operation.
- Communicate technical issues and solutions with clients in business terms.
- Work with other teams to identify the source of issues.
- Provide technical support and assistance to Level 1 & 2 staff (TSA, NOC and Security Operations) with problem research and resolution.
- Deployment and maintenance of network monitoring, analysis and reporting tools.
- Manage and maintain Monitoring Systems (these report on the status and performance of network, services and facilities).
- Installation of network hardware and software.
- Alert handling and escalation (identifying and responding to alerts on systems and networks, liaising with 3rd party suppliers, handling escalation through to resolution).
- Provisioning (IP assignment, core network configuration, monitoring and graphing, leased lines).
- Support with network equipment build and installation.
- Support Facilities provisioning (installing racks, setting up power, installing ethernet, fibre and console cabling, remote power and KVM).
- Maintenance of technical documentation; including procedures and diagrams
- Development of knowledge and skills in network and system administration, particularly with regard to internal architecture and platforms.
- Train and mentor new employees as needed to ensure their success in the team.
- Participate in a 24x7 Level 3 call-out rota if required.What you will need:
- Bachelors' Degree or 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the basic concepts of network engineering and management
- An immense dedication towards achieving error-free network systems and providing effective network services to clients.
- Able to analyse problems and conduct effective fault diagnosis and system recovery.
- Possess strong troubleshooting skills specific to critical network platforms (Cisco, Palo Alto, A10) and ability to effectively work in cross functional teams as needed to resolve issues
- Must be comfortable working with and troubleshooting Cisco networking operating systems including IOS, ASA, and Wireless.
- Working knowledge of network environments including:
- LAN\WAN routing
- Firewall administration including VPN administration
- Wireless administration
- Experience and working knowledge with configuring/administrating/maintaining technologies with emphasis on Cisco, Palo Alto and A10
- EXCELLENT oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with customers and team members.
- Ability to work in fast paced, rapidly changing environment and a STRONG desire to learn.
- Ability to work variable schedules to include weekends, nights, and day shifts as required.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service, incident ownership, follow through, communication and documentation.
- Team player required: must be able to interact with peers, management, and senior engineers in a constantly evolving environment to ensure a positive customer experience and atmosphere in the workplace.
- Display core values of PACT: Passion, Accountability, Creativity and Teamwork in all aspects of work What will set you apart:
- Familiarity with IT governance standards and compliance including ITIL, PCI, and SOC
- Industry Certifications (CCNA, CCNP, GSEC, CISSP, GCIA, GCFW, or other security certifications)
- Examples of successfully completed projects - provided by Dice (NETWORK ENGINEER ) AND (CISCO ) AND (NOC ) AND (PALO ALTO ) AND (A10 )
Keywords: Stratus Technology Services, LLC, Austin , Network Engineer, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!