Company: Civitas Learning
Posted on: September 13, 2018
Civitas Learning is bringing together technology, design thinking, and data science in our mission to help one million more students graduate by 2025. We are searching for a world-class DevOps Engineer to join our mission-driven company and be a key player on our DevOps team. This individual will measure, automate, and scale our infrastructure serving millions of users at higher education institutions accessing multi-tenant/multi-region applications. What youll be working with
- OS: Debian & variants, CoreOS
- Languages: Python, Java, Bash
- Orchestration: Kubernetes/Helm, Terraform
- Configuration Management: Ansible, Consul
- Measurement: Prometheus/Grafana, ELK
- Data stores: RDS, Redshift, Kafka, ElasticSearch
- Development ecosystems: NodeJS, Python, Scala, Java Responsibilities
- Configure, monitor and manage AWS infrastructure.
- Deploy and monitor software services.
- Ensure product uptime SLAs and resolve issues or outages to ensure business continuity.
- Standardize environments and configuration.
- Automate and orchestrate configuration, monitoring, and deployment processes.
- Adhere to policy and best practices to maintain our most important priority: security. Qualifications
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year professional software engineering experience.
- Experience managing cloud-based infrastructure such as AWS. Preferred Experience
- Experience automating deployment, monitoring and alerting processes.
- Experience using orchestration frameworks: Kubernetes, CoreOS, mesosphere.
- Familiar with network design/segmentation: DNS, subnetting, VPN.
- Familiar with HA environments: load-balanced services, database and storage systems, fault-tolerant systems.
- Familiar with separation of infrastructure concerns: principle of least knowledge/privilege, secure by default. About Civitas Learning: Civitas Learning partners with universities and colleges dedicated to helping more students learn well and finish strong. We provide tools and services for educators that bring together and make the most of their diverse and disconnected data streams; personalize information and support for their students; and deepen understanding of the impact of their student-success initiatives. Through our work together, our partners are empowering leaders, advisors, faculty, & studentsand measurably improving enrollment, persistence, and graduation outcomes. Today, Civitas Learning is a strategic partner to more than 350 colleges and universities, serving nearly 8 million students. Together with our growing community of partners, Civitas Learning is making the most of the worlds learning data to graduate a million more students per year by 2025. Civitas Learning offers medical, dental, and vision insurance as well as a 401k plan. We also have a generous flexible, paid time off policy. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Keywords: Civitas Learning, Austin , DevOps Engineer, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!