Cyber Security Engineer II
Company: Kirkland & Ellis LLP.
Posted on: February 7, 2024
About Kirkland & Ellis
At Kirkland & Ellis, we are united in our ambition and drive to
move forward. We share core values that help us achieve excellence:
collaboration, talent empowerment, service, inclusion, respect and
gratitude. Our people are our greatest asset, and we invest in the
brightest talent and encourage a diversity of perspectives and
strengths to create dynamic teams that operate at the pinnacle of
their field. Our talented professionals show up every day knowing
they will engage in meaningful work, continuous learning and
As one of the world's leading law firms, we serve a broad range of
clients with market-leading practices in private equity, M&A
and other complex corporate transactions; investment fund formation
and management; restructurings; high-stakes litigation and trials;
and government, regulatory and internal investigations. We handle
the most complicated and sophisticated legal matters because we
don't just meet industry standards, we create them. We bring
innovation and entrepreneurialism to every engagement and, as a
result, have long-standing client relationships with leading global
corporations and financial sponsors. With 6,500 employees
(including 3,500+ lawyers) operating from 19 offices across the
United States, Europe and Asia, we are one of the largest law firms
in the world and a top financial performer.
Essential Job Functions
The Security Engineer oversees and provides direction, and
development for the security assessment and vulnerability
management programs. He/She will work with leadership to determine
proper security configurations. This position is hands-on and
includes performing security risk assessments on new and current
technologies, analysis and reporting on vulnerabilities as part of
the overall vulnerability management function, collaboration with
Security Architecture on projects, and consulting to provide
subject matter expertise.
- Lead and mentor the security engineering team.
- Provide input into the strategic decisions that affect the
functional area of responsibility and participate in long-term
strategy and planning for Information Security.
- Manage and mature the security assessment and vulnerability
management programs. Create and maintain system, metrics,
procedural and support documentation.
- Perform security assessments for IT projects, technologies and
third-parties (e.g., vendors and service providers).
- Collect information and assess emerging threats including
software vulnerabilities. Coordinate the triage of and response to
vulnerability information. Disseminate this information regularly
to firm staff and management as appropriate.
- Subject matter expert for Information Security, consulting to
technical and non-technical management, and attorneys as
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of security
policies, standards, processes and guidelines.
- Participate in issues management (exception and findings
requests) as needed.
Qualifications & Requirements
Education, Work Experience, Skills
- Six (6) years of direct work experience in security
assessments, vulnerability management, or similar.
- 4-year college degree in information technology or equivalent
- Experience with assessments in Windows and Unix is
- Knowledge of IT security controls and IT infrastructure is
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Microsoft Azure IaaS
and SaaS is required
- Strong knowledge on Security frameworks and technologies such
as ISO 27001, NIST, SOC, SIG... is required
- Scripting/automation experience such as Python, PowerShell and
API integrations is preferred
- Outstanding communication (verbal, written, visualization and
- Self-starter who can work independently as well as in a team
- Interest in understanding customer perspective to aid in the
development of the right solution
- Commitment to delivering quality solutions
- Ability to communicate technical topics to a non-technical
- The ability to research and solve complex security and
- Demonstrated personal skills to effectively cooperate and
communicate with business partners
- Creative problem solving, analytical, industry knowledge,
project management and communication
- Knowledge of security technology capabilities
- Knowledge of cloud capabilities, controls and
- Knowledge of security administration and role based security
- Knowledge of authentication technologies and their interaction
with different platforms, both on-site and remote
- Knowledge of Identity & Access Management technologies
- Knowledge of anti-malware technologies
- Knowledge of Intrusion Detection and Intrusion Prevention
- Knowledge of both client and server firewalling technologies
and their configuration and administration
- Knowledge of security systems log correlation and analysis
- Knowledge of data encryption technologies
- Knowledge of Endpoint Detection and Response tools
- Knowledge of vulnerability assessment and forensic tools
- Knowledge of web filtering and email SPAM prevention
Certificates, Licensures, Registrations
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified
Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified
Ethical Hacker (CEH), Offensive Security Certified Professional
(OSCP) are preferred.
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. To complete an
application and submit your resume, please click "Apply Now."
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring,
placement, training availability, promotion, compensation,
evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if
necessary) are made without regard to the employee's race, color,
creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance,
family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender
identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of
residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital
status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from
military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other
basis prohibited by applicable law.
The www.kirkland.com job postings and recruiting mailbox are for
candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm or employment
agency, and do not have a signed contract with Kirkland & Ellis LLP
("K&E") and have not been asked specifically to submit
candidates, you will not be compensated in any way for your
referral of a candidate even if K&E hires the candidate. Direct
contact with K&E employees in an attempt to present candidates
is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future
professional relationship with the Firm. #LI-Hybrid #LI-LW2
Keywords: Kirkland & Ellis LLP., Austin , Cyber Security Engineer II, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!