Posted on: March 18, 2023
We are looking for a contingent Network Engineer to work with a
global team responsible for the support and continuous improvement
of our critical networks. Alongside your teammates you will strive
toward WAN resiliency through dynamic routing protocols, providing
preemptive support through an improved focus on monitoring, and
scale the business with flawless connectivity to cloud resources
and remote offices.
- Support and improve, high-speed network connections between
global sites and cloud providers.
- Obsessively care for the local area networks that are the
foundation of Volt's Hardware and Software development teams
- Provide reliable, secure, and easy to use remote access into
the Volt's Network for traveling and offsite employees.
- Dedicated support of the above using network monitoring and
- Alongside your colleagues in the Information Security team,
ensure the appropriate level of security to safeguard company IP
and to meet audit requirements. Required Skills and
- 3-5 years of experience as a Network Engineer enthusiastically
supporting a globally distributed engineering enterprise or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CCNA certification, JNCIA-Junos or equivalent
- Be a hardworking, positive contributor to an organization
equally dedicated to teamwork as it is to success.
- Deep understanding of technologies such as MPLS, EPL, IPSec
tunnels linking remote sites together and merging geographically
distributed people into a single team.
- Experience with Cisco UCS Blades, Chassis, Fabric Interconnects
and UCS Central for system management.
- Understanding of dynamic routing protocols like BGP and
- Experience performing LAN and WAN Monitoring utilizing Logic
Monitor and Splunk
- Experience running firewalls and remote access VPN appliances
such as Palo Alto, Pulse, or equivalent
- Administration and support of Network Load Balancers including
Kemp, F5, or equivalent.
- Experience supporting advanced WiFi deployments with various
network infrastructure products (Aruba or equivalent).
- Experience utilizing Scripting (Ansible, Puppet, shell) for
automation. Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Sufficient experience with Linux to be able to understand how
Linux system may respond to different network conditions.
- Previous dealing with Phone and Video Conference system and
they interact with networks (Skype, Zoom, or equivalent).
- A basic understanding of networking inside VMWare.
- Palo Alto Firewalls
- Install and support MPLS routers Volt is an equal opportunity
Job ID : 372638
Keywords: Volt, Austin , Network Engineer, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...