Senior Equipment Engineer - BIW, Cybertruck
Posted on: March 17, 2023
The successful Equipment Engineer candidate will have broad-based
industrial maintenance experience, encompassing Electrical/PLC,
Robotics, Mechanical, Painting, Machining, Hydraulics/Pneumatics,
Conveyor systems, etc. Must be willing to tackle whatever technical
challenge presents itself and be willing to assist and learn from
others in their areas of expertise. Displays extensive theoretical
and hands-on experience in all facets of an automated shop.
Experience managing a group working on process optimization, Safety
validations and improvements, upgrades, and new installation of
- Responsible for all controls related activities in the
- Work collaboratively with design, product excellence,
production operations, Manufacturing Engineering, Process
Engineering, Maintenance, and other cross functional teams as the
expert to ensure production lines run in a safe, efficient manner
producing high quality parts.
- Lead equipment upgrades with a focus on serviceability,
reliability, and process capability.
- Responsible for continuous process optimization of automated
- Become owner / subject matter expert to drive equipment-related
process improvement including detailed troubleshooting and root
- Build training material, maintenance routines, service
bulletins, and related documentation related to cradle to grave
equipment life cycle management
- Lead safety and ergonomic improvements to production equipment
which meets or exceeds regulations or best practices.
- Identify equipment critical spare parts and ensure sufficient
coverage to prevent extended downtime situations
- Participate in supplier and equipment buyoffs
- Debug and optimize automated processes to maximize cycle time
- Develop and manage FMEA risk assessments to prioritize
equipment improvement projects and ensure sufficient repair
- Provide hands-on support to maintenance team to troubleshoot
and resolve extended downtime situations.
- Identify weak areas of the production systems using root cause
analysis and first principles thinking, implement effective
countermeasures using all available means. Requirements
- B.S. in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Electrical or Mechatronic
Engineering; or equivalent experience and evidence of exceptional
- 5+ years of Professional Equipment Maintenance and Controls
- experience in high volume manufacturing environment
- Proficiency with process integration and electromechanical /
mechatronic systems Advanced proficiency programming industrial
equipment from scratch and modifying:
- Structure text PLCs preferably Siemens' controllers Safety PLCs
(Siemens, Beckhoff, Allen-Bradley) Human Machine Interface (HMI /
GUI - Beckhoff View, WinCC, Ignition) Field bus Networks (Ether
CAT, ProfNet, Ethernet) Serial communication (RS-232) between PLCs
and instruments Ethernet communications between machine PLCs and
- Proficiency in selecting appropriate circuit protectors, wire
and cable, sensors, safety hardware, PLC hardware, remote I/O, VFD
and servo systems.
- Proficiency in creating detailed electrical and fluid
schematics in CAD (AutoCAD Electrical preferred)
- Experience programming Cartesian and Articulated robots is
highly desired (Fanuc, Kuka, Motoman, Epson) Experience with Vision
systems (Cognex, Keyence, Fanuc)
- Experience creating SCADA Systems with Ignition or similar
Keywords: Tesla, Austin , Senior Equipment Engineer - BIW, Cybertruck, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...