Staff Hardware Engineer
Company: Arm Limited
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Who are we:We are the POP Implementation team which is part of
Physical Design Group(PDG) at Arm.POP team is an experience to see
the bigger picture of technical, business and problem solving
aspects through the journey of building Arm CPU, GPU, NPU and
Interconnect implementations. So what are the aspects we touch upon
a daily basis?
- We do the physical implementation of Arm's latest CPU, GPU, NPU
and Interconnect IP!
- We have exposure to advanced and mainstream technology
nodes(3nm/5nm/7nm/12nm/22nm) across multiple foundries!
- We indulge in path-finding of Performance, Power and Area(PPA)
metrics using optimized recipes along with backend closure that's
representative of a tape-out.
- We develop physical implementation flows and exercise PPA
tuning across multiple vendor based EDA flows(Cadence/Synopsys) in
- We work closely with Arm sales, marketing and end customers to
refine the physical IP and implementation products.
- Contribute in brainstorming ideas, approaches and recipes on
all products being crafted in the team.
- Learn the intricacies of supporting products across different
market segments like Client, Infrastructure, Automotive, IOT and
- Celebrate the product and customer success with the whole team
for accomplishing greater things in future.What you'll be doing:
- You will be encouraged to build implementations of Arm CPU/GPU
class designs using PDG's optimized physical IP.
- The process involves RTL setup, integration of memory models,
creation of floorplans and finding the rewarding recipe of
synthesis / P&R flow.
- The primary objective would be to optimize performance, power
and area as required by the Arm IP and the associated market
- In terms of backend closure, you will need to take the design
through STA, EM, IR drop, signoff DRC and other types of
- There are lighter aspects related to DFT(scan insertion,
compression and ATPG) and Gate-level simulations to report
- Your daily job will demand a lot of handshaking with physical
IP teams who are responsible for "optimized" standard cell and
- There is a need to engage with EDA partners in an independent
manner to create and deploy recipes related to EDA tools.
- You will see exposure to commercial teams at Arm. This will
extend to end customers also as you evolve over time.
- Interacting with end customers directly to help them in usage
of POP IP through the complete customer product tape-out
- Encouraged to drive experiential learning sessions with wider
audiences.What we need to see:
- Bachelors/Masters with 8-12 years of minimum experience in
Physical Design domain.
- Values communication as a key medium to nurture learning,
builds trust with others and solves sophisticated problems with
- Strong understanding in the RTL2GDSII flow for leading or
mainstream process technologies.
- Good understanding of the concepts related to synthesis, place
& route, CTS, timing convergence, IR/EM checks and signoff DRC/LVS
- Any implementation experience on Arm CPU and GPU IP designs
would be excellent.
- Expertise on optimizing for cost functions like performance,
power and/or area is like gold dust.
- High-level know-how related to foundation IPs like standard
cells and memories fits well with our work.
- Working experience with tools like DC/Genus, ICC2/Innovus,
Primetime/Tempus and others relevant for physical
- Good automation skills in PERL, TCL and EDA tool specific
scripting can be impactful.More About ArmArm - is at the heart of
the world's most sophisticated digital IP products. Our technology
enables the creation of new markets and transformation of
industries and society. We design scalable, energy
efficient-processors and related technologies to deliver the
intelligence in applications ranging from sensors to servers,
including smartphones, tablets, enterprise infrastructure and the
Internet of Things.Our innovative technology is licensed by ARM
Partners who have shipped billions of Systems on Chip (SoCs)
containing our intellectual property since the company began in
1990. Together with our Connected Community, we are breaking down
barriers to innovation for developers, designers and engineers,
ensuring a fast, reliable route to market for leading electronics
companies.We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to
providing an environment of mutual respect where equal
opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We
are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals,
and don't discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.We will
ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable
accommodation to participate in the job application or interview
process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other
benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request
Keywords: Arm Limited, Austin , Staff Hardware Engineer, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...