Staff Corporate Security Engineer
Posted on: January 26, 2023
As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled
trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work,
and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently
operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense
industries. We're growing, and we'd love to learn what you can add
to our team!
Workrise is hiring a Staff Corporate Security Engineer that will be
responsible for enabling security focused applications, framework
controls, and physical devices. This role is critical to the
success of the business and requires strong collaboration, deep
understanding of security and privacy frameworks, and tenure
managing corporate security infrastructure. Our ideal candidate for
this role will be someone who pays close attention to detail with
the ability to socialize risks and outcomes in a clear and
consistent manner. Experience with systems, encryption, securing
SaaS applications, and protecting the integrity of employee's are
paramount to building a highly efficient corporate security
Why Join us? Our Corporate Security team at Workrise is helping to
build a modern and scalable platform for the future of the skilled
labor workforce. You will be owning corporate security functions
within the security organization. Working with teams across the
business will enable you to drive how people work, interact, and
obtain assets. Building data sources that integrate with the
security platform will be a key focus in creating a holistic view
into corporate employee's actions and controls. Protecting users,
issuing assets, developing integrations, and ensuring the business
can execute at speed are core functions of this role.
What you'll be doing:
- Partnering and collaborating with all business units to roll
out, refactor, and enforce corporate security controls.
- Collaborating with the IT organization to validate the
integrity of endpoints, devices, systems, and networks.
- Driving information collection as it relates to SaaS based
systems and services.
- Working with data from both internal and external data
- Building tools and workflows that regulate the distribution of
assets, secrets, and keys.
- Building out security services & infrastructure with a focus on
ease of use and deployment.
- Auditing data as it relates to corporate users found in common
systems such as G Suite, Slack, and third party systems.
- Working with first and third parties systems, subsidiaries, and
vendors to ensure compliance.
- Ensuring proper physical security at office locations and
What you should have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related
field or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of technical professional experience in a security or
corporate IT discipline
- 4+ years of experience in one or more of the following domains:
Cloud Security, Endpoint Management, Identity & Entitlements
Management, Network Security, Secrets Management, and Vulnerability
- Automation and scripting via PowerShell, Python, Bash,
- Configuration management (Ansible, Terraform, Chef, and/or
- Implemented Security solutions in public clouds (AWS, Azure,
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as CircleCI, Jenkins, Github
- Experience with modern change and configuration management
techniques like GitOps
- Exposure to continuous verification and compliance using policy
- Exposure to security, compliance, and privacy frameworks such
as GDPR, CCPA, ISO27001, NIST CSF, CIS, or CMMC
- Experience educating users, operators, and administrators on
security best practices
- The ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced
- High attention to detail and exceptional follow-through
- The ability to communicate with all levels of the organization,
clearly expressing ideas and concepts both verbally and in
- The natural ability to lead and influence without direct
Keywords: Workrise, Austin , Staff Corporate Security Engineer, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!