Front End Engineer
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Our front-end engineers operate at the intersection of design
thinking, product management and data-driven development, and are
trusted to deliver features that make working together on data more
straight-forward, productive, and enjoyable.
In this position, you will work with the designers, product owners
and other engineers to craft best-in-class user experiences that
help cross-functional teams work together on data projects, derive
meaningful insights, and make data-informed decisions.
At data.world, you will:
- Design and craft high-quality, well-tested and reusable
- Work iteratively and collaboratively with designers, product
owners, and other engineering team members on production-ready
- Work in a dynamic, agile, and data-driven environment and have
true ownership of the features you work on, from requirements
gathering to A/B test definition.
- Contribute to the health and stability of our products through
monitoring, instrumentation and maintenance of the day-to-day
front-end operational aspects of the platform.
- Make data-driven decisions about what to build and how to build
it based on real-world user testing.
We'd love to see:
- 3+ years experience as an engineer. You have experience
shipping web-based products. You've worked with designers and
product owners to develop and deliver workflows and libraries.
- All your bases covered. This includes proficiency with modern
opinions about best practices.
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills. You
should be able to articulate your decisions, whiteboard new
solutions, present ideas concisely to product leadership, and
defend your ideas.
- An appetite to try new things. You're curious and excited to
improve your process, and always looking to learn. You ask
questions and don't shy away from challenges.
- Just enough knowledge about operations and back-end development
to be dangerous. You are familiar with modern service-oriented
architecture and are comfortable diving into logs.
- Just enough knowledge about design and UX to be dangerous.
You're not a designer, but you might need a Sketch license to
quickly mock up an idea. You understand best practices and
articulate what works with examples.
Technologies you will see:
- webpack, Flow, Next.js
- Monaco, Draft.js
- AWS (S3, Kinesis, DynamoDB, etc)
- RDF & SPARQL
- Java, Scala
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive compensation with generous bonus program
- Fully paid health, vision, and dental insurance premiums for
your entire family
- Company-paid life insurance, short and long-term disability
insurance, and legal coverage
- Remote-forward, super flexible, casual, and enjoyable
environment with open PTO
- Charitable donation matching and community philanthropy
- Wellness programs catered to individual needs
- Quarterly headquarters events - all employees welcome
- An awesome group of smart and determined coworkers, including a
tight-knit team of startup veterans with integrity, passion, and
senses of humor
- Your own Sparkletar owl character - have you seen them yet?
If you have the exceptional combination of skills and qualities
that we are looking for, then we're excited to meet you!
Note: We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
data.world is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a
We are the world's largest collaborative data community and we very
much believe that our people need to represent the very diverse
nature of the community we are serving and customer base we are
winning. We believe that diversity leads to the most creative
discussions, ideas, and outcomes.
data.world is committed to providing a safe, healthy, and
productive work environment. Consistent with this commitment, it is
the intent of the Company to maintain a drug-free workplace.
Keywords: Data.World, Austin , Front End Engineer, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!