Company: Waste Connections
Location: Johnson City
Posted on: January 26, 2023
We are offering a $5,000.00 Sign on Bonus for our Lead Diesel
Mechanictoperformpreventative maintenanceon our fleet of garbage
trucks and heavy equipment machines at our site in Johnson City,
Texas. Individuals with experience working on heavy diesel trucks
or those that have completed a Diesel Technology program are
encouraged to apply.This position has a start time of 6AM, 8-10
hour shift, with occasional overtime. Great pay, benefits and lots
of room for growth!
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance
software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting
parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver
Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Performs maintenance related work as required.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate
and OSHA standards.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety
- Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or
- Ordering parts, keeping the shop organized
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Preferably 1+year experience in heavy truck equipment
maintenance and repair or completion of a diesel tech program or
good attitude, willingness to learn, and strong work ethic is a
- Ability to read and comprehend service and technical
information.We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental,
vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life
insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect
with Your Future". For more information please visit
www.wasteconnections.com or call Serina Garcia @ 737-268-8239.Waste
Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Waste Connections, Austin , Mechanic Lead, Engineering , Johnson City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!