Posted on: January 25, 2023
What to Expect
This is a 24-hour facility so being on call and working shift is
expected. Overtime is available on Saturday, depending on business
needs. Competitive pay rate selected based on relevant experience.
We are looking for a highly motivated, "hands-on" individual to
join our Mechanical Assembly Team for the assembly of a new
generation of high speed, automated manufacturing equipment. The
role includes mechanical assembly of machine components,
interpreting mechanical drawings and pneumatic schematics,
machining of parts, machine mechanical start-up, testing and debug
and some travel for machine installation and commissioning
* Install, troubleshoot and maintain various types of facilities
equipment including: pumps, boilers, fans, roll-up doors, cranes,
compressors and dock equipment.
* Display Initiative and ability to work with minimal
* Ability to be resourceful and get the job done under pressure or
* Work within a team environment and maintain a positive
* Ability to design, fabricate and build basic and/or complex
structures, supports or framework in the execution of daily
* Ability to Weld using ARC, MIG, TIG processes.
* Ability to perform oxy/acetylene torch, plasma arc cutting
* Show ability to perform safe rigging procedures for lifting or
installing various equipment.
* Perform demolition of equipment/systems and the ability to
properly isolate, rig and remove safely in proper sequence.
* Understand, troubleshoot and maintain facilities infrastructure,
and utilities across multiple sites.
* Understand and enforce code compliance throughout the Facilities
scope of operations.
* Ability to execute preventative maintenance on all responsible
* Operation, maintenance and repair of responsible equipment.
* Modernization and continuing improvements of responsible
* Ensures an adequate on-hand spare parts inventory or lead-time
system in place to support responsible equipment.
* Generate failure reports and corrective measures on major
incidents to decrease and prevent failures.
* Perform preventative maintenance for readiness and operational
* Professional, informative and responsive communication to
* Interacts with customers to understand requests or concerns.
* Be proficient in general office PC programs and equipment
* Must be able to respond to Plant Emergencies as directed.
* Minimum 5+ years related work experience as an Industrial
* Ability to Enforce and follow all Safety rules and
* Safety Certifications a plus (Osha30)
* Welding Certification a plus
* Experience with pumps, conveyors, compressors and piping
* NCCER certifications are a plus but not required
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer
committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin,
disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other
factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable
accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your
recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this
site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free
step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact
email@example.com for additional information or to
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products
and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand
more about the data we collect and process as part of your
application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice.
Keywords: Tesla, Austin , Mechanic/ Millwright, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!