Power Modeling Engineer
Posted on: August 7, 2022
What You Do At AMD Changes Everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in
changing the world for the better by driving innovation in
high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization
technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and
the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes
amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will
go the "extra mile" to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people
who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push
boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have
this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the
opportunities available to come join our team.
Power Modeling Engineer
AMD's RPPG team is seeking talented, self-motivated individuals to
help develop low power innovations that enable industry-leading
power efficient computing and graphics products.
We have openings for R&D engineers focusing on pre-Si power
modeling, post-Si measurements and correlation, validation and
productization of advanced power features and serve as key
contributors towards power and performance attainment on roadmap
- Pre-silicon power modeling (static/active power, Fmax vs
Voltage, use case analysis etc.)
- Power feature ROI analysis
- Post Si calibration of models
- Interface with architecture, design and production teams
- Scripting and coding to meet pre Si model needs.
- Background in power modeling for digital and analog IPs,
ideally x86 CPUs or GPUs
- Familiarity with digital logic physical design and power
management techniques (clock gating, power gating, V-F curves,
on-die voltage regulation, clock integrity, etc..)
- Windows Office tools (particularly Excel) as well as scripting
experience in Ruby, Python, Linux is desirable.
- Database and Data Analysis experience
- Experience and/or familiarity in Design-for-Debug techniques
and architectures is preferred
- RTL Verilog coding experience/understanding is desirable.
- Masters or Ph.D.in CS/EE with relevant course work and project
background with 2+ years of experience, or bachelor's with 3+ years
LOCATION: Austin, Texas
Requisition Numbe r: 164762
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Design
Benefits offered are described here .
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters,
recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its
subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider
candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status,
medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin,
race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran
status. Please click here for more information.
Keywords: AMD, Austin , Power Modeling Engineer, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!