Engineer In Training I (0-5)
Company: Maldonado-Burkett, LLP
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Company Description: Fast growing Engineering firm in Austin,
Texas has an immediate opening for an EIT position for our dynamic,
positive and high-energy work environment. We recognize people as
our most valuable asset. Each member of our firm is a team player
and adds to our culture of integrity. Proactive, self-motivated
individuals will find a good fit here.
- The Traffic & ITS EIT will perform engineering work in the
field of transportation engineering. The work performed may include
(but not be limited to) the following:
- Traffic level of service and safety analysis;
- Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) plans;
- Communication network plans;
- Roadway lighting plans;
- Traffic signal plans;
- Traffic signal timing plans;
- Traffic impact analyses;
- Traffic management plans / traffic control plans;
- Signing and pavement marking plans
- ADA design
- Data collection
- Report writing
- Other technical assignments as steps toward professional
development and registration as a Professional Engineer.
- Depending on experience and capabilities, the candidate may
also perform roundabout analysis and modeling, corridor studies,
and long-range transportation planning duties.
- The candidate will write and edit technical reports and
- The candidate will coordinate with engineers and technical
staff to ensure that the projects' needs are met in a timely and
- The candidate will regularly utilize standard office tools and
software such as Microsoft Office.
- The candidate will regularly perform CAD drafting in
- The candidate will regularly perform traffic signal timing
analysis in Synchro. Depending upon experience and capabilities,
other traffic modeling software such as VISSIM, HCS, TORUS, or
SIDRA may be utilized.
- The candidate will utilize photometric analysis software such
- Field work may be required.
- Limited overnight travel (less than one day per month on
average) may be required.
- Completion of a four (4) year college level academic program in
Engineering with a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering,
Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- Course work with emphasis in disciplines related to
transportation engineering within the four year program is
- Registration as an Engineer in Training (EIT) is
- Experience with standard computer software such as Microsoft
Windows and Microsoft Office is required.
- Experience with Microstation CAD software and traffic analysis
software is preferred.
- Experience with and knowledge of photometric analysis
procedures and software is preferred.
- Experience with and knowledge of basic computer networking
design (fiber optic, copper, and wireless) is preferred. The
successful candidate will also possess the following personal
- Ability to work in groups;
- Flexibility with respect to work load and type of work
- Good communication skills, both oral and written;
- Ability to multi-task and manage work loads within the
constraints of project delivery schedules;
- Attentiveness to detail;
- Willingness to learn new skills;
- Ability to work with multiple project managers;
- Self-motivated to identify and execute improvements to the
firm's business procedures;
- Drive to grow as a professional. The work will be performed in
office and construction environments. The successful candidate will
have the ability to perform the following activities:
- May be subject to repetitive motion such as typing and data
- May be subject to bending, reaching, standing and lifting such
as when conducting on-site inspections.
- May be subject to exposure to moving traffic, exhaust and
extreme weather conditions.
- Some extended hours/shifts may be required.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Prior to beginning
employment, candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment
drug screen and background check. Because this position requires
travel to work sites, a valid driver's license is required. Job
Type: Full-time PI185350654
Keywords: Maldonado-Burkett, LLP, Austin , Engineer In Training I (0-5), Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!