DevOps Lead Engineer, 3rd Eye
Company: Dover Corporation
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link Select how often (in
days) to receive an alert: Environmental Solutions Group
encompasses industry-leading brands - Heil Environmental, Marathon,
Bayne, The Curotto-Can, 3rd Eye, and Soft-Pak - to create a
premier, fully integrated equipment group serving the solid waste
and recycling industry. Through extensive voice-of-customer
outreach, in-house engineering and manufacturing capabilities, a
wide-reaching service network, and proven industry expertise,
Environmental Solutions Group is focused on solving customer
problems through environmentally responsible products and providing
world-class support. For more information, visit www.doveresg.com.
ESG is a Dover Corporation operating company. Dover is a
diversified global manufacturer and solutions provider with annual
revenue of approximately $7 billion. We deliver innovative
equipment and components, consumable supplies, aftermarket parts,
software and digital solutions, and support services through five
operating segments: Engineered Products, Fueling Solutions, Imaging
& Identification, Pumps & Process Solutions and Refrigeration &
Food Equipment. Dover combines global scale with operational
agility to lead the markets we serve. Recognized for our
entrepreneurial approach for over 60 years, our team of over 23,000
employees takes an ownership mindset, collaborating with customers
to redefine what's possible. Headquartered in Downers Grove,
Illinois, Dover trades on the New York Stock Exchange under "DOV."
Additional information is available atdovercorporation.com.
Operating Company: Environmental Solutions Group - 3rd Eye A Dover
Company Location: Austin, TX or Chattanooga, TN Reports to:
Director, 3rd Eye, DevOps and Digital Engineering Department:
Software Engineering COMPANY SUMMARY: 3rd Eye is disrupting the
traditional Fleet Safety Video Monitoring and Telematics industries
with leading high-quality media and reliable digital delivery. Our
services are engineered for high availability, maximum reach, and
cost savings for our customers. Fleet managers can watch live
streams or review safety events instantly, from any device, to
monitor their vehicle fleet. Our technology is the cornerstone of
our industry and our customers use it to improve their fleet
safety, operational, and maintenance performance. POSITION SUMMARY:
3rd Eye is looking for an experienced DevOps Lead Engineer that can
build culture and automation to empower our software delivery teams
to deploy continuously. You will help manage our AWS
infrastructure, as well as engineer and maintain a fully automated
CI/CD pipeline. In addition, you will develop internal standards
and work with software delivery teams to provide them the autonomy
necessary to deliver, test and monitor our applications using
DevOps best practices. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Automate deployment, monitoring, incident response and maintain
infrastructure in AWS.
- Scripting, and software development using one or more
programming languages using DRY best practices.
- Exposure to and maintenance of configuration management
- Develop and improve best practices for Infrastructure as Code,
software build tools and promote CI/CD.
- Optimize performance, scale out and build resiliency in the
- Focus on infrastructure cost monitoring to help meet 3rd Eye's
business model expectations.
- Deployment of system and security patches and updates,
including managing the patching platform for servers.
- Participate in on-call rotations. JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or other
technical discipline with significant computer coursework) or
equivalent experience with relevant Professional Certification(s)
such as AWS Associate (or other equivalent experience).
- Experience in 24x7 production operations, preferably deploying
H/A, IoT and scalable applications.
- At least 5 years of experience (in coding and scripting using
one or more programming languages.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Linux administration.
- Minimum 3 years of direct Amazon AWS DevOps experience (or
equivalent cloud environments).
- Experience with containerization and infrastructure as code
technologies, preferably Terraform, Docker.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines using tools such as Jenkins,
AWS Code Pipeline, Gitlab, or others.
- Experience with modern software configuration management tools
including Salt, Ansible, or others.
- Significant experience with managing Distributed database
- Familiarity with best practices for well-architected, secure
- Experience working with typical network protocols including
TCP/IP, HTTP(/2), TLS, SSH.
- Excellent oral and written skills. NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with container provisioning and management such as
AWS ECS, Kubernetes, or AWS EKS.
- Experience building end-to-end CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins,
AWS Code Pipeline, Gitlab, or others.
- Experience creating/maintaining large-scale automated
deployments with Salt, Ansible, or others.
- Significant experience with multiple monitoring and logging
tools such as AWS CloudWatch + CloudTrail, Elastic Stack, Grafana +
Prometheus, Datadog, and Splunk.
- Experience in designing, building, architecting of applications
- Strong understanding of AWS Security stacks such as GuardDuty,
Inspector, Macie, SecurityHub, Detective.
- Knowledge of Cyber Security Frameworks (NIST, ISO).
- Proficiency at distilling complex concepts into tangible
value-generating initiatives. DOVER COMPETENCIES: Results Driven
Winning the Right Way KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: Ethics and
Work Standards: Maintain the highest ethical and work standards,
while promoting the same attributes in co-workers and others.
Ensure that all business activities - with both internal and
external customers - to be performed with a professional demeanor
and that all participants be held accountable to this high
standard. Communication: Expresses thoughts clearly, both orally
and in writing, using good grammar. Presents concise, well
organized reports in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Listens
to understand input, feedback and concerns. Provides complete
information in an open, honest and straightforward manner. Responds
promptly and positively to questions and requests. Teamwork and
Relationships: Works with other employees willingly and in a spirit
of cooperation and teamwork. Supports cooperation. Demonstrates a
commitment to the entire business and is supportive of all
initiatives (company and departmental) to help grow Environmental
Solutions Group business in the United States and abroad.
Cooperates fully with others to achieve organizational goals. Is
tactful, courteous, and considerate. Embraces a positive outlook.
Is respected and trusted by others. Continual Improvement and
Problem Resolution : Identifies and communicates suggestions for
work improvements. Uses technical and analytical abilities to
assure existing work practices are the most efficient and cost
effective possible. Performs root-cause analysis and implements
viable, permanent solutions to problems. Works with both internal
and external customers to develop solutions which meet company-wide
needs and objectives. Applies a sense of urgency to resolve
problems or creates opportunities that will increase productivity
and create value. Shares best practices with other employees across
the business. Accountability: Accepts responsibility and
accessibility for both the strategic planning and the successful
implementation of all projects, programs, and duties as outlined in
this job description. Advises supervisor of concerns, problems and
progress of work in a timely manner. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the
basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability,
age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by
law.This position may be located in:Americas : United States :
Tennessee : Chattanooga -- Americas : United States : Texas :
AustinJob Requisition ID :40518
Keywords: Dover Corporation, Austin , DevOps Lead Engineer, 3rd Eye, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!