Transmission Engineer IV
Company: TRC Companies, Inc.
Posted on: August 6, 2022
General Description Of PositionTransmission Engineer IV/V will
function as the responsible engineer on assigned Transmission Line
Projects and will provide overall project coordination and
civil/structural technical leadership for project teams. In
addition the engineer will provide technical guidance and training
to junior staff.Essential Functions Of Position
- Perform engineering work and training using intensive knowledge
and experience in evaluating, selecting, modifying, and applying
standard techniques, procedures, and criteria for projects of
varying size and the highest complexity. Activities shall include,
but not be limited to, the following:
- Preliminary design, budgetary estimating, and scheduling.
- Detailed design, estimating, and scheduling.
- Equipment specification, proposal evaluation and
- Engineering calculations to assure safety and performance of
equipment and systems.
- Selection and application of appropriate Engineering matters,
equipment and systems.
- Interdisciplinary interface for constructability and
conformance to project requirements.
- Coordinating design engineering and equipment delivery to meet
- Acquisition of on-site measurements and other data to
accomplish the design or enable the evaluation of equipment
- Checking completed job for quality, adequacy of design, and
- Creating and/or presenting training materials for junior
- Assisting in standard process development and template creation
for efficiency in design
- Monitor the construction of various electrical systems as
assigned to ensure compliance with plans and specifications.
Activities may include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Monitor construction work to assure conformance with plans and
- Monitor work to assure compliance with applicable engineering
and construction codes and practices.
- Monitor construction schedules to ensure timely completion of
- Direct changes to the work when requested by the Project
- Aid in evaluation and approval of contractor's invoices.
- Aid in receiving, inspection, and approval of equipment and
- Act as Project Engineer, when required, on projects of moderate
to large size and complexity.
- Perform complex studies and economic analyses of engineering
- Prepare reports and feasibility studies for submission to
- Provide budget and schedule information to the Project Manager
- Serve as Project Engineer on assigned projects.
- Be proficient with the Company's design, construction, QA/QC,
and safety standards and the Company document control system.
- Be proficient applying Standards, both National and Local. (For
example, ANSI/IEEE, National Electric Safety Code, ASTM, AIC,
- Shall promote complete and accurate record keeping and be
responsible for the quality of all work performed.
- Shall keep informed of current developments in the areas of
- May assist in the professional development, training, and
evaluation of department person
- May be required to travel to support work.
- Other duties as required.
- Degreed Civil Engineer, Structural Engineer, or
- 8+ years' experience in the transmission engineering field;
- Proficiency with Power Line and Structure modeling for computer
aided and design development. PLS-CADD and associated modules
(POLE, TOWER), Excel, MFAD or Lpile, NESC.
- Knowledge in ACI, ASCE Pole manual, AISC Steel manual
preferred, but not required
- Familiarity with industry codes standards and practices for
electric utility practice.
- Interpersonal and communication skills. Demonstrated initiative
and ability to lead. Attention to detail.TRC is an equal
opportunity employer: disability/veteran. We celebrate diversity
and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all
Keywords: TRC Companies, Inc., Austin , Transmission Engineer IV, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!