Product Development Co-Op Engineer
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionJob Description:The Engineering Co-op may work
within multiple different product segments with our Surgical
Division. You will assist Product Development Engineers and Manager
of the product segment with all aspects of the project from
proposal to final design/release for assigned project by performing
the following duties. Work with a cross-functional product team
consisting of upper-level product development engineers, marketing
product managers, manufacturing engineers, regulatory and QA
engineers in the design, development, and testing of surgical
instruments and implants including hip, knee, shoulder, and trauma
devices. The Enovis Co-Op program requires a commitment to 3
alternating Co-Op periods/semesters (Spring of 2023, Fall, Summer).
Ideal candidate is sophomore undergraduate seeking a bachelor's of
science in Biomedical, Mechanical Engineering or Software
Engineering.Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Participates as an active member of the New Product Development
- Assists to identify surgeon requirements and product
- Confers with cross-function teams (by way of example and not
exclusion, Manufacturing Engineering, Purchasing and Regulatory);
accepts and completes tasks as assigned.
- Assists Product Development Engineers to create product
- Uses 3-D Modeling to document designs and design changes
- Assists to complete the Design Dossier
- Participates in surgeon symposia, focus groups and KOL (Key
Opinion Leader) meetings.
- Assists in Road mapping projects.
- Attends surgeries for learning purposes.Additional Essential
Duties And Responsibilities
- Works with marketing and customer to develop conceptual
designs, typically in the form of SLA models or metal prototypes of
the product and present those designs back to customer for
- Maintains all documentation necessary for a Design History File
(DHF), including Design Input Documents, Design Validation
Plans/Reports, Test Protocols/Reports, and Design Input/Output
- Develops project plans using appropriate planning software and
periodically report on the progress of the project to upper
- Develops detail engineering drawings, CAD modeling and release
through ECO system.
- Works through internal prototype shop or contract through
vendor on developing prototypes.
- Schedules and directs product team meetings as needed in
absence of PD engineer; assuring timeliness of project
- Maintains existing product lines and writes ECOs for general
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to
perform the functions of the job.
- Works under immediate and heavy supervision.
- Performs other duties as directed.CompetencyTo perform the job
successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information.
- Design - Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops
alternative solutions; uses reason even when dealing with emotional
- Project Management - Communicates changes and progress.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses;
pursues training and development opportunities; strives to
continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in
positive or negative situations; listens and gets
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively;
varies writing style to meet needs; able to read and interpret
written information. Writes detailed test protocols/reports.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote
quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural
differences; promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; includes
appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures;
reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials
- Demonstrates commitment to the Enovis Compliance & Ethics
Program, the Enovis Code of Conduct, the Enovis Sales and Marketing
Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code of Ethics, and all supporting and
applicable regulations, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Enovis Values, Mission and
Vision.QualificationsTo perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.Education/Experience
- Must complete at least first two years of engineering school
and maintain a minimum overall GPA of 3.0.
- Working on completion of BS in Mechanical Engineering,
Bio-medical Engineering with mechanical track emphasis, or
- Extreme interest in medical devices and/or orthopedics is
required.About Djo GlobalDJO Global is a leading global developer,
manufacturer and distributor of high-quality medical devices that
provide solutions for musculoskeletal health, vascular health and
pain management. Our products address the continuum of patient care
from injury prevention to rehabilitation after surgery, injury or
from degenerative disease, enabling people to regain or maintain
their natural motion. Our products are used by orthopedic
specialists, spine surgeons, primary care physicians, pain
management specialists, physical therapists, podiatrists,
chiropractors, athletic trainers and other healthcare
professionals. In addition, many of our medical devices and related
accessories are used by athletes and patients for injury prevention
and at-home physical therapy treatment. Product lines include rigid
and soft orthopedic bracing, hot and cold therapy, bone growth
stimulators, vascular therapy systems and compression garments,
therapeutic shoes and inserts, electrical stimulators used for pain
management and physical therapy products. Our surgical division
offers a comprehensive suite of reconstructive joint products for
the hip, knee and shoulder. Our products are marketed under a
portfolio of brands including Aircast -, Chattanooga, CMF---,
Compex -, DonJoy -, ProCare -, Exos---, Dr. Comfort -, DonJoy
Performance - and DJO - Surgical.For Additional Information On The
Company, Please Visit Www.DJOglobal.com.DJO is a growing subsidiary
of diversified technology leader Colfax CorporationEOE AA
M/F/VET/DisabilityAll qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against
on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex,
protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected
by federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: DJO, Austin , Product Development Co-Op Engineer, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!