Company: PayPal, Inc.
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Solutions Engineer in Austin, Texas, United States of America at
PayPal Job DescriptionAt PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that
every person has the right to participate fully in the global
economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure
that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has
access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services
to take control of their financial lives.
The Global Professional Services team is responsible for providing
implementation services on PayPal's Pay-in, Pay-out, Identity and
Risk Platforms, as well as our Marketplace solutions and expansive
product offerings to our Global Partners. We work with Account
Executives and Customer Success Managers to understand the
Partner/Merchant business challenges, envision the solutions, and
turn the vision into reality.
We are seeking a well-experienced, hands-on Solutions Engineer or
Architect to lead our client life cycle, work through solution
brainstorming, and help design scalable and global solutions across
all our tier markets. In this role, you will directly support
assigned Global Accounts and Account Executives as required, both
in the office and in the field throughout the Pre-Sales stage to
Solution launch. You'll be the 'voice of the customer' when
providing feedback to Product Managers, Technology Leads, and other
internal groups on new functions and feature enhancements.
What you'll do:
- Work with the largest organizations in the world to create
solutions that drive sales, reduce complexity, and cut costs.
- Provide pre-sales engineering support to account teams and lead
solution discovery discussions with our clients and partners.
- Bring your passion and leadership to help create great products
side-by-side with internal Product and Engineering teams.
- Be a trusted advisor to both clients and internal stakeholders
and demonstrate amazing payments industry expertise as well as
knowledge of PayPal products and services.
- Always look for ways to "force multiply" by creating tools,
resources, and documentation that can be leveraged by your Solution
Engineer teammates as well as other stakeholders.
- Work with technical product leads to design a solution that
optimally utilizes our products and payment platform.
- Lead complex partner engagements that may involve multiple
project teams from PayPal and our partner organizations. -
- Construct a technical architecture of multiple solutions to
match the merchant's industry standards, use cases, strategy and
- Maintain regular communication with both the Merchant/Partner
and internal teams, and constantly manage client expectations.
- Develop Solution Proposals and Solution Designs to define the
overall solution and implementation plan with partner engineering
- Identify any product/functionality gaps and collaborate with
internal product and technology teams to define the necessary
development to support solution delivery. Work with internal
Product teams to align roadmap phases for future release
- Be a technical subject matter expert and represent the full
internal and external API capabilities of PayPal.
- Work closely with internal teams including compliance, privacy,
risk, information security, support and operations to ensure all
aspects of a launch are managed.
- Ensure Merchant implements optimal integration strategies,
techniques and user experience best practices
Who you are:
- You have great domain experience in payments.
- You are an enthusiastic and rapid learner.
- You can leverage your executive presence and strong business
acumen to become a trusted advisor to our partners.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to speak
to diverse audiences and across functional areas to build a
cohesive message and create consensus.
- You focus on the 'Why' as much as the 'How.'
- Your demonstrated technical expertise allows you to lead
business, software and architecture discussions through functional
definition, solution, and integration stages on large-scale,
complex engagements. -
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and
- You can develop a deep understanding of our products and
technology and determine the proper merchant and consumer solutions
for web commerce, mobile applications, and payment platforms.
- You have great problem-solving skills, with a demonstrated
ability to identify issues, solve them quickly and well, and know
when to rely on internal resources to assist.
- You have strong conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in fin-tech and/or
- 5+ years in Payments (Credit Card, Banking, Online, Offline),
especially with e-commerce systems, payments gateways and/or
- 5+ years of experience/exposure in the following areas: -
- Web and mobile technologies including Web Services, APIs, REST,
- Working with or leading Technical Product Management
- Working in a Pre-Sales capacity supporting Business Development
- 5+ years relevant experience in a leading role such as
Technical/Solution/Sales Engineer or Architect
- Willingness to travel (up to 50% if necessary) in support of
key project milestones
At PayPal, we're committed to building an equitable and inclusive
global economy. And we can't do this without our most important
asset-you. That's why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every
stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental
health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care
for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment,
employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To
learn more about our benefits please visit
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment
revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make
financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and
secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million
consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive
in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons
regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status,
physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression,
genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public
assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected
by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide
reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with
disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of
incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact
us at email@example.com.
As part of PayPal's commitment to employees' health and safety, we
have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements,
based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include
a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role
requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable
accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that
prevents them from being vaccinated.
R0086909 Together, we'll build a world of
economic opportunity.Grow your career with us. Please access our
internal career opportunities while connected to our corporate
network.Questions about a position or an application?
We have answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Keywords: PayPal, Inc., Austin , Solutions Engineer, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!