Sr. Backend Engineer
Posted on: May 16, 2022
What does an exceptional Sr. Node.js Backend Engineer do?As a
Senior Cloud Engineer, you will be a part of small but growing team
of hardworking people responsible for creating and maintaining a
suite of cutting edge back-of-house web applications, point-of-sale
APIs, and Android client applications in a fast-paced
result-oriented environment. An exceptional Senior Cloud Engineer
merges wisdom in the field of back-end development with a teaching
mindset and an understanding of the constraints and needs of the
business to elevate the quality of the output of the entire team
over time. They lead by example, prioritize quality, and help
define the long-term architecture for the full suite of web
applications. As a Sr. Node.js Backend Engineer, you can look
- Installing, configuring, customizing, upgrading, supporting,
and troubleshooting all technical issues related to on premise and
hosted environments for both desktop and mobile platforms.
- Working directly with clients to understand business needs,
define requirements, quote projects
- Building, testing, implementing, and launching the solutions
- Work directly with third party vendors to define technical
requirements and customize, configure, and implement solutions to
interface with various external systems.
- Being hands on with development and resolving of all technical
issues within an on premise and hosted client environment.
- Working with senior management to define and implement
technical processes and procedures within department focusing on
client satisfaction and efficiency.
- Collaborating with Product Development, UX Designers, and QA to
build quality products; including resolving complex technical
issues related to projects.
- Communicating within your functional team and across
Engineering to keep information flowing
- Reviewing peer code, designs, and providing mentorship.
- Writing tests and automation to advance maturity in product
- Being highly motivated "self-starter" who is passionate about
web development and is anxious to learn from other high-level web
- Being a team player, ability to collaborate idea sharing in
strong product setting.
- Developing back-end APIs using Node.js on AWS Lambda and
Kubernetes Express based services
- Following Agile SDLC, participating in planning and Scrumban
boards. Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 6+ years of hands-on experience in software development.
microservice based web services, e-Commerce Platforms, and
high-volume transactional systems.
- 2+ years of relational database design & modeling.
- 1+ year or exposure to administering & consuming AWS services
or other cloud platforms.
- Advanced understanding of functional/prototype/object oriented
based programming principles
- Solid grasp of software development patterns and their
application in several programming languages.
- An advanced understanding of coding techniques which contribute
to the reliability, maintainability, readability, simplicity,
performance, and testability of software.
- A solid understanding of IT environments including networking,
server technologies, databases, security, and performance.
- Experienced in the day-to-day practicalities of Software
Development Lifecycles such as Scrum.
- Extensive experience expanding and maintaining large data
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline, e.g., GitHub Actions, CircleCi,
- Experience with building Docker images for deployment Preferred
- Advanced understanding of NodeJS and Serverless.
- REST API design and development
- Experience working and building in microservice based
- Knowledge of Ruby on Rails
event loop and asynchronous callbacks.
- Experience building distributed, service oriented,
microservices-style and cloud-based application architectures.
- Containerization experience with application Learn more about
Fiserv:To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv
takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive
benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a
variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability
options.We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs.
Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services
and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are. Life
moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren't thinking
about "financial services". But we are.We help people and
businesses move money and information every minute of every day.
Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations,
merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day,
behind the scenes, reliably and securely. We're Fiserv, a global
leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial
services experiences that are in step with the way people live and
work today. The company's approximately 44,000 associates proudly
serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers,
members and consumers can move money when and where they need it,
at the point of thought. Our Aspiration is to move money and
information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE--- 500
company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World's Most Admired Companies
for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence
and purposeful innovation.We welcome and encourage diversity in our
workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or status as a protected
veteranExplore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find
Your Forward with us.Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Fiserv, Austin , Sr. Backend Engineer, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!