Company: Entegris, Inc.
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Company Overview and Values:Why work at Entegris?
Lead. Inspire. Innovate. Define Your Future.
Not everyone who works for a global company shares the same
background, experiences and perspectives. We leverage the
differences of our employees to bring new ideas to the table. Every
employee throughout the company is encouraged to share input on
projects and initiatives. Our decision making process is truly a
collaborative effort as we realize there are leaders at every level
of the organization. We put our values at the core of how we
operate as an organization - not just when it's convenient, but in
a lasting and meaningful way. We want the time and energy you spend
here to have a positive impact on your life inside and outside of
the office.Entegris is a values-driven culture and our employees
rally around our core PACE values:
ExcellenceThe Role:Entegris is seeking a highly motivated
experienced Controls Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced
environment where safety, quality and continuous improvement are
paramount. You will be a key player on a dynamic, skilled team
whose objective is to sustain and continuously improve specialty
chemical processes used in semiconductor, medical and industrial
manufacturing.In this role you will:
- Drive a "Safety First" culture by performing equipment,
process, and behavioral inspections and implementing solutions to
- Primary contact for: sustaining controls, automation for new
and existing systems, collaboration with process owners on
continuous improvement, coaching process mechanics through
troubleshooting, assisting new product development teams on new
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to lead key capital
projects through the entire process - from justification to
commissioning and qualification.
- Develop project schedules to meet business timelines.
- Ability to select new vendors, clarify
requirements/expectations in the new equipment bid down selection
- Collaborate with Mfg Engineers, Maintenance/Reliability and
Operations to define engineering roadmaps.
- Use current floor layouts and new automation asset
specifications to optimize the assets in the Manufacturing cell
area.Traits we believe make a strong candidate:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Mechanical/Chemical Engineering
with a strong knowledge of machine controls integration.
- In-depth experience with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
is required, Allen-Bradley platforms required with Omron and
Schneider a plus.
- In-depth experience with HMI programming is required,
Allen-Bradley platforms required with Omron and Schneider a
- Allen Bradley PlantPAX programming experience preferred.
- Experience with sequential function chart, function block, and
statement list languages required.
- Logix-based systems with distributed I/O, machine-level HMI,
VFDs, and servos.
- Experience with Ignition or other SCADA applications
- Experience with Historian Software.
- Networking experience with Ethernet, Profibus, Modbus, ASCII,
RS-232, and RS-485 communications required.
- Working knowledge of safety systems and hazardous
- Knowledge of or experience with AC/DC power distribution,
control/pneumatic; cabinet designs and layouts, to include
- Familiarity with Pressure, Vacuum, Temperature, Level, Flow and
- Ability to use a multimeter to troubleshoot AC/DC
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Fluency with Microsoft Office Suite.Your success will be
- Capability of working independently and with teams across
multiple manufacturing sites.
- Skills to influence cross functionally.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to present technical data.
- Accountability to results and timelinesWhat we offer::Our total
rewards package goes above and beyond just a paycheck. Whether
you're looking to build your career, improve your health, or
protect your wealth, we offer generous benefits to help you achieve
- Very Competitive total compensation plans.
- A 401(K) plan to help you plan for your future with an
impressive employer match that's all yours- no vesting!
- Great health, dental and vision insurance packages to fit your
needs to ensure you're happy and healthy.
- A progressive PTO policy that empowers our employees to take
the time they need to recharge!At Entegris we are committed to
providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. Our
policy is to recruit, hire, train, and reward employees for their
individual abilities, achievements and experience without regard to
race, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, national origin,
disability, marital or military status.
Entegris strongly encourages all of its employees to be vaccinated
against COVID-19. At Entegris, COVID-19 vaccination is preferred
but not required at this time.
Keywords: Entegris, Inc., Austin , Controls Engineer, Engineering , Burnet, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!