Network Engineer III, Spectrum Enterprise
Posted on: May 15, 2022
At a glance:
- Are you a client-centric network engineer talented in ensuring
client satisfaction using strong issue resolution skills?
- Can you guide the development of product support and training
of basic to intermediate complex Enterprise services?
- Do you desire a competitive salary with lucrative benefits and
a focus on professional development?Our company:
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work
environment that encourages our team members to reach their full
potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates
diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently
exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications, Inc., is a
national provider of scalable, fiber technology solutions serving
America's largest businesses and communications service providers.
The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes networking and
managed services solutions: Internet access, Ethernet access and
networks, Voice and TV solutions. Spectrum Enterprise's
industry-leading team of experts works closely with clients to
achieve greater business success by providing solutions designed to
meet their evolving needs. More information about Spectrum
Enterprise can be found at enterprise.spectrum.com.
As a Network Engineer III, you ensure client satisfaction by
performing troubleshooting for network issues and client
escalations. You excel at troubleshooting and resolving simple to
complex issues within Spectrum Enterprise services and networks.
You combine your technical expertise and product knowledge to
quickly and efficiently resolve client issues while developing
technical support documentation for Engineer and Technician
You propel business through the development and implementation of
product and services support improvement recommendations for the
Enterprise Technical Support (ETS) organization. You enhance
efficiency by partnering with Operations, Implementation, Hosted
Voice, Managed Services and field technicians to resolve issues.
You thrive in an office and network lab environment interacting
with teams in-person and digitally. Depending on the business unit,
you may be part of a 24/7 on-call environment. You report to the
Senior Manager of AETS Engineering for goals, guidance and
- Competitive salary with bonus.
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- 100% company match 401(k) up to 6%.
- Company funded retirement accumulation plan for an additional
- Education assistance.
- Pretax childcare spending account.
- Paid holidays, vacation days, personal days and sick days.
- Employee discount on spectrum services where available.What you
- Encourage company-wide excellence and growth by supporting all
technical efforts to enhance the client experience.
- Drive network engineering projects by participating in planning
the network architecture.
- Complete network configurations through the integration and
diagraming of communication architectures, topologies, hardware,
software, transmission and signaling links and protocols.
- Enhance the product base through an in-depth product evaluation
and resolving network problems.
- Maintain product and service quality by assisting in the
development and documentation of technical standards.
- Develop, document and implement approved procedure methods for
all daily activities and projects.
- Maximize the design process by establishing protocol
compatibility standards, developing and implementing network
enhancements and making recommendations for improvement.
- Optimize and configure the existing network through the
planning and completion of medium- to highly complex projects,
systems and issues.
- Support third-party vendors and team members across the
organization during implementations by providing escalated tier
troubleshooting and issue resolution.
- Serve on one or more projects simultaneously and occasionally
as a project team lead.
- Improve the department's success by guiding and mentoring less
experienced team members.
- Mitigate risks by complying with all industry-specific local,
state and federal regulations for every project.Required keys for
- Five or more years of data network experience.
- Expert in related industry specifications and standards, such
as Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE),
American National Standards Institute (ANSI), multi-mode fiber,
single-mode fiber, unshielded twisted pair (UTP) cabling, bridging,
switching, routing, Ethernet and transport technologies and
- Advanced knowledge of network design and devices, network
appliances, network architecture, protocols and network
- Proven data networking knowledge, such as open systems
interconnection (OSI) model, transmission control protocol/internet
protocol (TCP/IP) and optical transport.
- Proficient in using internal and vendor ticketing and software
- Deadline-driven with the ability to learn new technologies and
work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and
- Effective written and spoken English communication skills with
all levels of an organization.How you will stand out from the
- Client-focused mindset.
- Experience in technical writing.
- History of conducting technical training.
- Intermediate to expert knowledge in key Enterprise areas, such
as MPLS services, internet services, Managed Voice, Video and Data
- Knowledge of Spectrum Enterprise products and services.Your
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, electrical engineering
or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education,
training and experience (required)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) (preferred)
- Industry or vendor-specific certifications and training (Cisco,
Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc.) (preferred)ENE311 310183-3
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Austin , Network Engineer III, Spectrum Enterprise, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!