Senior Frontend Engineer
Posted on: May 14, 2022
We get shit done, brilliantly.
Founded by two great friends, Andy and James, Inventive exists to
improve lives with bad-ass tech. That's our mission and why we show
up every day. Our goal is to make technology and innovation
accessible for all.
We're a community of entrepreneurs, women, and veterans connected
through our passion for getting shit done, tireless attention to
detail, and commitment to creating our best work - every time.
Every day, we solve complex problems in creative ways. Whether it's
helping launch powerful user experiences, modernize systems and
brands, or bring visions to life with your own expertise, one thing
is for sure: you'll never be bored! The best part?
People are the most important part of our mission.
If you can't tell already, we are a fast-moving, fun-loving,
seriously smart group of people who really care about improving
lives. We hire the best of the best who want to grow, thrive, and
contribute in a meaningful way.
- We're a privately owned company with a people-first team. We
move and adapt in a flash!
- We have been in business for five years and grown 20% YoY; this
year, we're on track for 35%.
- We hire top performers that embrace challenge and leave the
bureaucracy to big tech.
To respect your time and interest, our interview process is a
simple three steps:
- 30-minute Zoom with Alyssa Bunn, our Director of
- 30-minute Zoom with James Shaw, our COO (and former VP of
- 30-minute Zoom with Greg Bryant, our Director of
We believe in transparency so you'll see our salary ranges posted.
Our rate will be commensurate with your level of experience and
expertise in this given role. We also extend 1099 contracts
depending on personal preference.
What's special about this opportunity?
- 100% Remote: Plug in where you're most productive! We are an
- Build With Entrepreneurs: Be trusted to make an impact.
Everyone owns their role, 100%.
- Variety: Create websites, mobile apps, and more for unique
companies around the world.
- Improve Your Skills: Each project is totally different. Grow
and learn in real-time.
- Stability: We grow conservatively. Even in rough seasons, we've
never considered a layoff.
A kid asks you "Why is it raining?" and you can't help but give the
most elaborate answer.
Yeah, you're definitely an engineer. While a six-year-old may be
looking for a simple response, you take pride in sharing
What's great is that Inventive celebrates curiosity and
intelligence; the fact that you get and give all the facts makes us
better. We are a team that respects and values a diversity of
thought and we all aim to create an energizing workplace that
brings out the best in all of us.
Challenges and Opportunities
Getting shit done, brilliantly isn't just a cheeky tagline. We love
to roll up our sleeves, constantly iterate, and stay focused on the
work that matters. We say what we mean, so get prepared to jump on
board and trust your gut when it comes to GSD - let's rock it
Here, you'll collaborate with a team of engineers, project
managers, and designers; and directly with our clients. We build
real-world applications for our Inventive Works clients, Inventive
Ventures partners, as well as charities and non-profits that
Inventive Cares supports.
As a valued member of our team, you'll be hands-on with each phase
of the software development life cycle, including analysis, design,
development, testing, deployment, and documentation. You'll follow
guidelines and IP procedures, and may even serve as a lead!
When programming, you don't view working both fast and right as
trade-offs. You understand when things require precision and
accuracy as well as where 80% gets you to the desired outcome. You
share valuable demos without losing weeks of time.
When collaborating with the team in activities like daily standups,
sprint planning, and deploying features in production, you check
your ego at the door. You are only interested in finding the right
answer versus always having the right answer.
Experience that's required (and really important to have):
- Graduate from an accredited software engineering Bootcamp or
- 5+ years of dynamic industry experience working as a Software
- 5+ years building modern software applications
- 3+ years experience building large, scalable, and distributed
- Successful track record of owning technical projects and
- Proficient in multiple front-end frameworks and Libraries e.g.
ReactJS & Vue
- Proficient with multiple CI/CD tools e.g. Git, Azure DevOps and
- Ability to develop software in a Linux and/or Windows
- Ability to work effectively with people and enjoy helping
others achieve their goals
Wildly impressive folks will also have experience with:
- Software engineering in a tech consultancy or agency
- Proficient in full-stack development
- Proficient in more than one cloud environment e.g. AWS, Azure &
- Ability to develop software in a Linux and Windows
- History of delivering high-value software systems with high
- Experience developing meaningful leadership and/or mentorship
You'll totally fit into our team if you are:
- Searching to fit into an amazing, "do good" culture
- Passionate about software development (it's okay to be
- Naturally pleasant, self-motivated, and driven
- Committed to continuous improvement in and out of work
- Demonstrate respect and professionalism in everything you
- Dependable, available, and on time!
Please note: Inventive does not offer sponsorship. Being authorized
to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Inventive, Austin , Senior Frontend Engineer, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!