Network Engineer II Spectrum Enterprise
Posted on: January 16, 2022
At a glance:
- Do you specialize in network engineering and improving the end
user experience through the development and implementation of
- Can you commit to a technical position providing expertise to
guide the development of basic to intermediately complex network
- Do you desire a competitive salary with lucrative benefits and
a focus on professional development?Our company:At Spectrum
Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work environment that
encourages our team members to reach their full potential. We
promote a culture of excellence that celebrates diversity,
innovative thinking and dedication to consistently exceeding client
expectations.Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications,
Inc., is a national provider of scalable, fiber technology
solutions serving America's largest businesses and communications
service providers. The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes
networking and managed services solutions: Internet access,
Ethernet access and networks, Voice and TV solutions. Spectrum
Enterprise's industry-leading team of experts works closely with
clients to achieve greater business success by providing solutions
designed to meet their evolving needs. More information about
Spectrum Enterprise can be found at
enterprise.spectrum.com.Highlights:Using your sharp technical
skills, you actively simplify and enhance the client experience by
planning resource requirements for basic to moderately complex
network systems. As the Network Engineer II, you ensure the success
of our commercial sales cycle by guiding the identification,
forecasting and implementation of resource requirements. You are
passionate about developing and integrating network enhancements
and recommending process improvements. As a collaborative team
member, you successfully work with multiple internal teams and
third-party vendors. You maximize the department's success by
monitoring protocol compatibility standards and ensure adherence
for all requirements. You excel at implementing network
architecture and designs. You thrive in an office environment and
feel comfortable traveling to perform site reviews within a
specified footprint. Depending on the business unit, you may be
part of a 24/7 on-call environment. You report to the Manager of
Network Engineering for goals, guidance and assistance. Position
- Competitive salary with bonus.
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- 100% company match 401(k) up to 6%.
- Company funded retirement accumulation plan for an additional
- Education assistance.
- Pretax childcare spending account.
- Paid holidays, vacation days, personal days and sick days.
- Employee discount on spectrum services where available.What you
- Encourage company-wide excellence and growth by supporting all
technical efforts to enhance the client experience.
- Drive network engineering projects by participating in the
planning of network architecture, design.
- Maximize projects by integrating communication architectures,
topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links
and protocols into complete network configurations.
- Improve productivity through in-depth new product evaluations
and develop resolutions to network issues during
- Maintain product and service quality by assisting in the
development and documentation of technical standards.
- Ensure a successful project completion by documenting and
implementing approved procedure methods.
- Increase network capabilities through the design of protocol
compatibility standards, network enhancements and implementation
and improvement recommendations.
- Optimize and configure the existing network by planning and
working on projects, systems and issues of medium to high
- Support tiers across the organization during program
implementations by providing escalated troubleshooting and issue
- Enhance efficiency by serving on one or more projects
simultaneously and occasionally as a project team lead.
- Guide and mentor less experienced team members to improve
- Mitigate risks by complying with all industry-specific local,
state and federal regulations for every project.Required keys for
- Three or more years of data network experience.
- In-depth data networking knowledge with transmission control
protocol/internet protocol (TCP/IP), the open systems
interconnection (OSI) model and optical transport.
- Expert in related industry specifications and standards for
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), American
National Standards Institute (ANSI), fiber, multi-mode,
single-mode, unshielded twisted pair (UTP), bridging, switching,
routing, Ethernet and transport technologies and protocols.
- Advanced knowledge of network design, devices, appliances,
architecture, protocols and topology.
- Experienced in using internal and vendor ticketing and software
- Deadline-driven with the ability to learn new technologies and
work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and
- Effective written and spoken English communication skills with
all levels of an organization.How you will stand out from the
- Knowledge of Spectrum Enterprise products and services.Your
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, electrical engineering
or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education,
training and experience (required).
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) (preferred).
- Industry or vendor-specific certification and training, such as
Cisco, Juniper or Alcatel-Lucent (preferred). ENE309 299535
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Austin , Network Engineer II Spectrum Enterprise, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!