Principal Engineer I Spectrum Enterprise
Posted on: January 16, 2022
At a glance:
- Are you a tech-savvy engineer skilled at maintaining and
enhancing signal processing hardware and software?
- Can you commit to technical position architecting
enterprise-wide process improvements for a nationwide technology
- Do you desire a competitive salary with lucrative benefits and
a focus on professional development? Our company:At Spectrum
Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work environment that
encourages our team members to reach their full potential. We
promote a culture of excellence that celebrates diversity,
innovative thinking and dedication to consistently exceeding client
expectations.Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications,
Inc., is a national provider of scalable, fiber technology
solutions serving America's largest businesses and communications
service providers. The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes
networking and managed services solutions: Internet access,
Ethernet access and networks, Voice and TV solutions. Spectrum
Enterprise's industry-leading team of experts works closely with
clients to achieve greater business success by providing solutions
designed to meet their evolving needs. More information about
Spectrum Enterprise can be found at
enterprise.spectrum.com.Highlights:As a Principal Engineer, you
drive efforts to maintain and enhance client satisfaction and our
technological edge. You are passionate about guiding growth by
architecting and implementing solutions and upgrades for signal
processing hardware, software and electrical systems. You excel at
defining requirements and developing solutions for system design
and configuration by working with cross-functional technical
operations teams. You possess an in-depth knowledge of automation
tools for internal networks and how to work with design teams to
integrate them into our toolset. You propel business growth by
objectively summarizing and analyzing projects and making
recommendations to senior leadership. You have cultivated a keen
ability for identifying roadblocks and overcoming obstacles to see
your projects completed on time and within budget. You flourish in
an office environment collaborating with cross-functional technical
teams. You report to the Senior Manager of Network Engineering for
goals, guidance and assistance.Position benefits:
- Competitive salary with bonus.
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- 100% company match 401(k) up to 6%.
- Company funded retirement accumulation plan for an additional
- Education assistance.
- Pretax childcare spending account.
- Paid holidays, vacation days, personal days and sick days.
- Employee discount on spectrum services where available.What you
- Drive company-wide excellence by actively and consistently
supporting all efforts to simplify and enhance the client
- Achieve engineering objectives through designing, monitoring,
enhancing and troubleshooting systems in an assigned area.
- Improve logic difficulties and documentation through a detailed
analysis and revision of existing programs.
- Ensure that all technical integration, changes, standards and
documentation is accurate by engineering technical support and
guidance to regional teams.
- Increase efficiency by mentoring and guiding technical teams
and testing and reviewing work plans and system designs.
- Mitigate risks by adhering to industry-specific local, state
and federal regulations.
- Perform additional duties related to the position as
assigned.Required keys for success:
- Five or more years of hands-on engineering work
- Five or more years of project management work experience.
- Knowledge of related industry specifications and standards,
such as Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE),
American National Standards Institute (ANSI), fiber, multi-mode,
single-mode, unshielded twisted pair (UTP) cable, bridging,
switching, routing, Ethernet and transport technologies and
- Understanding of network design, network architecture,
protocols, network topology, transmission control protocol/internet
protocol (TCP/IP) and the open systems interconnection (OSI)
- Knowledgeable of ticketing and software tools, network devices
and basic network appliances.
- Proficient in network designing software, such as Visio.
- Proven track record of performing duties in a very fast-paced
environment and ability to learn new technology quickly.
- Expert in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.How you
will stand out from the crowd:
- Knowledge of company products and services.Your education:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or an equivalent
combination of education, training and experience (required).
- Master's degree in a related field (preferred).
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) (preferred).
- Industry and vendor-specific certifications and training, such
as Cisco, Juniper or Alcatel-Lucent (preferred). EGN601 299982
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Austin , Principal Engineer I Spectrum Enterprise, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!