Field Application Engineer
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Job title: Field Application EngineerEducation: BS in Electrical
or Computer Eng. or equivalent, Masters degree
preferredLocation:Austin, Texas Employment type:Full Time
Experience: 0-3 years work experienceAzoteq is a fabless
semiconductor company founded in 1998. The company prides itself in
innovation with multiple patents issued and filed on the IQ Switch
product range.The R&D headquarters are situated in Paarl, South
Africa.Offices in Pretoria, Shenzhen, Shanghai, Taipei, Singapore,
Tokyo, Seoul and Austin, Texas support the marketing, sales,
technical support, and supply chain functions.We are looking for an
individual who can work independently, is detail orientated and can
carry out projects from start to finish. This is a fast-paced
innovative job where you need to be at the forefront of new
technology.The ProxSense products are leading-edge capacitive TOUCH
and PROXIMITY sensors that are driving the next generation user
interface for consumer electronics, wearables, and mobile
products.ProxFusion is a leading multi-sensor technology, recently
released to the electronics industry.
- The candidate will be involved in the application design of
ProxSense and ProxFusion products.
- The candidate will research and develop ideas for new
products.Improve the performance and efficiency of existing
- Provide technical support to the US customer and representative
network. Assist customers with hardware and code development.
- Travel to customer locations if needed, and occasional travel
to Azoteq headquarters in South Africa.
- Embedded MCU programming of touch and proximity-controlled
- Application development, product design, prototype evaluation,
test development and product release.
- Develop Application Notes/Briefs.
- Learn and keep up to date on all Azoteq silicon, software, and
development tool products.
- Provide feedback on new products and vertical market needs.
- Ability to develop schematics and PCB layout.
- Experience with PCB CAD tools like Altium (preferred), Mentor
- Experience with embedded software tools (IDE) like MPLAB, STVD,
Arduino IDE etc.
- Programming skills in C/C++, experience in Delphi, Python and
other high-level languages are advantageous.
- Experience with Logic Analyzers, oscilloscope, DMM.
- High level of innovative thinking.
- Analytical approach to problem-solving.
- Analogue design and debug skills.
It is a rewarding position where the candidate will be exposed to
state-of-the-art development work. You will be liaising with
international customers focusing on consumer, wearable, mobile and
Benefits:401(k)BCBS Health InsuranceDental InsurancePaid time
Keywords: Azoteq, Austin , Field Application Engineer, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!