Network Engineer IV Spectrum Enterprise
Posted on: January 16, 2022
At a glance:
- Are you a technically sophisticated leader skilled at enhancing
the client experience through the development and implementation of
- Can you commit to a position guiding the direction of a
technology leader through the development of complex network
- Do you desire a competitive salary with lucrative benefits and
a focus on professional development?Our company:At Spectrum
Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work environment that
encourages our team members to reach their full potential. We
promote a culture of excellence that celebrates diversity,
innovative thinking and dedication to consistently exceeding client
expectations.Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications,
Inc., is a national provider of scalable, fiber technology
solutions serving America's largest businesses and communications
service providers. The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes
networking and managed services solutions: Internet access,
Ethernet access and networks, Voice and TV solutions. Spectrum
Enterprise's industry-leading team of experts works closely with
clients to achieve greater business success by providing solutions
designed to meet their evolving needs. More information about
Spectrum Enterprise can be found at
enterprise.spectrum.com.Highlights:As a Network Engineer IV,
exceeding client expectations is at the center of your daily focus.
Using industry-current technical skills, you simplify and enhance
the client experience by leading the identification, forecasting,
planning and implementation of resource requirements for highly
complex projects. You excel in guiding project quality by
establishing and maintaining corporate standards. You are
passionate about developing and integrating network enhancements
and making process improvement recommendations. You accelerate
project completions by implementing approved network architecture
and designs. You maximize the department's success by conducting
team evaluations and monitoring development efforts. You thrive in
an office environment and depending on the business unit you may be
part of a 24/7 work environment. You report to the Senior Manager
of Network Engineering for goals, guidance and assistance. Position
- Competitive salary with bonus.
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- 100% company match 401(k) up to 6%.
- Company funded retirement accumulation plan for an additional
- Education assistance.
- Pretax childcare spending account.
- Paid holidays, vacation days, personal days and sick days.
- Employee discount on spectrum services where available.What you
- Encourage company-wide excellence and growth by supporting all
efforts to enhance the client experience.
- Successfully support mission-critical business systems through
the design, deployment and maintenance of local and wide area
network (LAN/WAN) infrastructure technologies.
- Drive network engineering projects through knowledge of routing
and switching platforms and troubleshooting and coordinating
- Expand offered products and services by working closely with
architects and engineers in designing, modeling and implementing
new technologies and becoming a trusted partner through the
delivery of client services.
- Maintain continuous network operations by troubleshooting and
resolving major network and system issues.
- Effectively plan and manage projects by documenting project
requirements, including scope, cost, scheduling, testing and terms
of delivery to ensure high-quality standards and timely completion
- Improve efficiency by mentoring less experienced engineers in
key elements of the system and providing presentations to internal
- Position the company at the forefront of the industry by
researching and identifying technology opportunities and their
- Test and validate new hardware and connections to ensure proper
configuration and technical performance.
- Comply with all industry-specific local, state and federal
regulations for every project and encourage team growth by knowing,
understanding and following company policy.
- Perform additional duties related to the position as assigned.
Required keys for success:
- Six or more years of data network experience.
- In-depth data networking knowledge, such as the open systems
interconnection (OSI) model, transmission control protocol/internet
protocol (TCP/IP) and optical transport.
- Expert in related industry specifications and standards, such
as Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE),
American National Standards Institute (ANSI), multi-mode fiber,
single-mode fiber, unshielded twisted pair (UTP), bridging,
switching, routing, Ethernet and transport technologies and
- Advanced knowledge of network design, devices, appliances,
architecture, protocols and topology.
- Experienced in using internal and vendor ticketing and software
- Deadline-driven with the ability to learn new technologies and
work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Proven leadership and communication skills for internal and
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and
- Effective written and spoken English communication skills with
all levels of an organization.How you will stand out from the
- Knowledge of Spectrum Enterprise products and services.Your
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, electrical engineering
or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education,
training and experience (required).
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) (preferred).
- Industry and vendor-specific certifications or training, such
as Cisco, Juniper or Alcatel-Lucent (preferred). ENE312 300743
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Austin , Network Engineer IV Spectrum Enterprise, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!