MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN/OPERATOR I
Company: GUADALUPE-BLANCO RIVER AUTHORITY
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Description:FLSA STATUS: Non-ExemptREPORTS TO: Chief Operator
Luling, WTPDIVISION: Luling OperationsWORK LOCATION: 350 Memorial
Drive, Luling, Texas 78648PAY RANGE: $29,000.00 -
$48,000.00SUMMARYThe Maintenance Technician/Operator I job duties
include but not limited to, performing necessary maintenance and
technical support, grounds and facilities maintenance, treated and
raw water delivery systems for the Luling surface water treatment
plant, and the Luling/Lockhart Treated Water Delivery System. This
position will assist operators to ensure that all TCEQ drinking
water standards are met.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Keep a working knowledge of the GBRA's mission and policies as
they relate to the Luling Division.
- Meeting the permit requirements as established by the
Environmental Protection Agency and the Texas Commission on
Environmental Quality (TCEQ).
- Assist operators with starting and stopping all equipment
necessary to meet the demands of the customers of the systems.
- Checking/maintenance of pumps, motors, valves, chemical feed
equipment, vats, storage tanks, disinfectant equipment, settling
facilities, back wash pond and filters to make sure that all
equipment is operating properly and for its intended purpose.
- Grounds and facilities maintenance for the surface water
- Assisting operators perform and record water quality checks,
including but not limited to the following: o Chlorine residual. o
Taste and odor threshold number. o Alkalinity and hardness. o pH. o
Turbidity. o Chemical feed pump calibrations and maintenance o
Analyzer cleaning and calibrations o Cleaning and Maintaining
- Performing all work in accordance with safety procedures and
- Ensuring the security of plant and well sites buildings,
equipment and grounds.
- Continually observing the plant operation and equipment for
proper function and performance; performing emergency maintenance
- Notifying the Chief Operator when problems and/or questions
- Completing in an up to date and accurate manner all logs,
analysis and data sheets.
- Assist operators in performing all laboratory tests as outlined
by the Chief Operator.
- Verifying and signing for equipment and supplies that arrive
during non-business hours.
- Providing maintenance and care of all materials, tools,
equipment and vehicles assigned to the plant and well sites.
- Maintaining, on a daily basis the plant building, including
SCADA control area, lab, work area and restrooms.
- Maintaining a courteous attitude when dealing with external
- Mow, spray, paint and perform general repair work to
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform "On Call" duty as scheduled..
- Work hours other than Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM -
position may require candidate to work with shift operators at
times, or work a staggered shift times.
- Ability to work extended hours during emergency
- Subject to on-call duties as scheduled by the Chief
- Respond to emergencies during off-duty hours.
- Safely operate gas, electric, hydraulic, and hand tools.
- Read and write English.
- Read and understand highly technical information in small print
(such as Safety Data Sheets and wastewater discharge permits).
- Read technical schematics and as built plans
- Perform basic math skills.
- Read analog and digital indicators.
- Possess basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel,
- The permanent residence must be such that travel time to the
San Marcos water treatment plant is no more than 45 minutes without
violating traffic laws.EDUCATIONHigh School Diploma or
GEDREGISTRATIONS/LICENSES1. Valid driver's license as issued by the
State of Texas.2. Ability to remain insurable under GBRA's vehicle
liability policy.3. Ability to obtain a D water License in 12
months and C surface water license in 3 years.EXPERIENCENone
required.Preferred - Experience in utility operations and
maintenance, customer service, or construction is
desirable.Preferred - Experience troubleshooting technical
equipment, water leak repair, pipe fabrication, mechanical
skills.MANAGERIAL RESPONSIBILITIESNone.PHYSICAL DEMANDSThe physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.Work at elevated levels greater than 50 feet on
platforms, roofs, bridges, etc. Climb vertical ladders up to 20
feet in height. Repeatedly lift, load, and unload up to 50 pounds.
Respond to visual and audible alarms. Wear personal protection
equipment such as safety glasses, protective footwear,
self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) as outlined in the
employee Safety Manual. Safely enter, exit, and work in trenches
and confined spaces. Perform basic first aid and CPR.Employees must
wear protective footwear in compliance with ANSI or ASTM standard.
New employees must provide protective footwear in compliance with
ANSI or ASTM standard. Replacement footwear is provided annually
for qualifying employees.WORK ENVIRONMENTApproximately 80 percent
of work is outdoors. Occasional travel to attend training necessary
for maintaining licenses and certificates as required. Some dirty
duties but generally work can be performed in a clean and well
organized environment. There are hazards associated with chemicals
and rotating or moving mechanical parts that require an operator to
exercise care in his activities. Works with or is exposed to
hazardous chemicals used in the treatment of water.The work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.TRAVELPersonal transportation is required to normal work
site at which point employee will use vehicles provided by GBRA to
perform duties.Overnight travel mainly limited to meetings and
Keywords: GUADALUPE-BLANCO RIVER AUTHORITY, Austin , MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN/OPERATOR I, Engineering , Luling, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!