Engineer II, Manufacturing
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: January 15, 2022
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll
do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for
cancer, protecting the environment, or making sure our food is
safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be
supported in achieving your career goals.Location/Division Specific
InformationPosition will need to train in Pleasanton, Ca for the
first 3-6 months but is based out of Austin, TX.How will you make
an impact?The "Engineer II" position supports the Austin
manufacturing plant by maintaining, calibrating and repairing
laboratory equipment. The candidate will also be responsible for
participating in several other activities such as process
improvements (kaizen events, 5S, and JDI), Technical writing,
representing group in ongoing projects, and researching and
ordering parts/tools.What will you do?
- Extensive travel may be required initially for training.
- Performs maintenance, testing, troubleshooting, calibration and
repair on a variety of manufacturing and testing
- Carries out routine repairs on a daily basis.
- Provides technical support to internal customers on operational
or maintenance aspects of system equipment.
- Works independently and prioritizes work schedule of service
calls, PM's and Projects majority of the time, may require
direction from Lead or Supervisor sporadically.
- Maintains own tool inventory to ensure adequate supply to
- Works with team and administrator to assure there is adequate
supply of spare parts in stockroom (Specifies and requests purchase
- Performs all administrative duties including completing
required documentation and reports.
- Proficient and compliant with ISO standards and practices.
- Provides guidance to team members on complex repairs.How will
you get here?
- Bachelor's in Engineering or 5-7 years of related
- 3-4 years of experience with Field Service or In-House Service,
- 3-4 years of experience with Liquid handling Robotic
instruments (Preferred: Hamilton Star/Starlet, Agilent Bravo, or
- Must have experience with Pneumatic instruments.
- Must have experience with Vacuum systems.
- Must have experience with general handheld tools plus
multi-meters and other electronic testing equipment.
- Broad knowledge of state-of-the-art optical imaging, precision
motion control, microfluidics, automation systems, and signal
- Technical writing and verbal skills to produce reports,
documents, and communicate with customers.
- Must be able to troubleshoot computer issues such as
configuring IP address and setting up Virtual Network Computing
(VNC) or equivalent for remote troubleshooting.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to
efficiently evaluate, prioritize and handle multiple and changing
work tasks and priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the
ability to interpret and summarize scientific/technical results in
a clear, concise, and accurate manner.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate and solve problems.
- Must be able to work effectively alone under minimal
supervision and complete assigned work targets in a timely
- Experience with handling hazardous materials and
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 and 13485 standards.
- Experience with FDA regulated system development/design
- Experience with Document Change Orders in Agile PLM or
- Experience with manual pipetting.
- Proficiency with Solidworks.
- Proficiency with VBA and C++.
- Experience with PLC programming
- Working knowledge of IQOQ (Installation Qualification and
- Working knowledge of PFMEA (Process Failure Mode and Effects
Analysis) and Root cause analysis.
- Working knowledge of Engineering Change Requests and Orders
(ECR/ECO).At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000
extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and
contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make
the world healthier, cleaner and safer.Apply today!
http://jobs.thermofisher.comThermo Fisher Scientific is an
EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or
any other legally protected status.
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Austin , Engineer II, Manufacturing, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!