Company: Sonic Healthcare USA
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Position Summary: The Server Engineer is responsible for the
design, implementation, maintenance, and support for large scale
enterprise Microsoft and/or Apple devices including servers,
computers, and mobile devices. The Server Engineer is expected to
have a strong foundation of Windows Server 2019/2016/2012 or
MacOS/iOS operating systems. Proficiency with VM infrastructure,
Active Directory, DNS, Mobile Device Management, and/or Windows 10
should also be demonstrated.
The Server Engineer must have strong technical, analytical and
problem-solving abilities for management and administration of
corporate environments. Day-to-day responsibilities include system
administration and monitoring of systems, security, performance,
backup/restore and configuration changes. The Server Engineer will
troubleshoot incidents, determine root causes, and find/implement
solutions for problems. They will assist with the implementation of
new or additional technology to improve infrastructure service
locally and remotely.
- Installs, configures and maintains Windows Server
2019/2016/2012, Windows 10, Mac and iOS devices used in the SHUSA
- Performs daily support of the Windows Server and Apple
- Uses common Windows system administration and AD tools to
Support and troubleshoot Windows server applications and Mac
applications/platforms developed in-house and externally.
- Performs system backups and disaster recovery.
- Builds Virtual Machines.
- Thoroughly understands business needs and ensure comprehensive
testing scenarios are documented.
- Tests and implements projects in accordance with written
business and functional design documents and following established
- Delivers assignments within specified time frames, adhering to
all established methodologies, standards and guidelines
individually or as a member of a project team.
- Reports, monitors and verifies system defects, as necessary.
Ensures that defects in the products have been corrected and
document results of testing.
- Provides ownership and accountability for assigned testing,
keeping supervisor aware of progress and risk.
- Responds to after hour pages and participates in rotational
- Maintains documentation of the server and application
- Participates in process improvement projects.
- Confidence and experience in using the typical Windows and/or
MAC software and management tools
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentational
- Possesses strong analytical and problem solving skills,
including application and network-level troubleshooting
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a
- Knowledge of Healthcare Information Technology
- Ability to work independently or in teams and manage multiple
- Familiarity with Microsoft products such as SQL, IIS,
SharePoint and Exchange.
- Experience with group policy objects on domain servers.
- Strong understanding of various protocols and services
including NFS, DHCP, DNS, IP, TCP, UDP, TFTP, NTP.
- Ability to develop business relationships and communicate
effectively with the developers, peers and supervisors.
- Ability to use data and logic to quickly find solutions to
- Adheres to schedules and agendas and respects others'
- Adjusts effectively to new work demands, processes, structures
- Works well independently or in teams.
- Able to manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
Education, Licensure, Certification / Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor (4-year) degree with a technical major such as
engineering or computer science, or demonstrated work
- VMware VCP or Microsoft MCSE Certification would be a
- Apple certifications would be a plus.
Keywords: Sonic Healthcare USA, Austin , Server Engineer, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!