Senior Process Engineer
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Summary The Senior Process Engineer will be responsible to
oversee the entire design process and be a technical expert on
their field of study for Process Engineering within the
Semiconductor, Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Life Sciences or Laboratory
Industries. The Process Engineer shall be responsible for designing
and implementing ultra-pure water, water reclaim, and water
treatment systems. The Senior Process Engineer works independently
on various projects as assigned by the Engineering Manager or
Project Manager. Duties and responsibilities:
- Leads the overall engineering design process within a specific
discipline. Meets with members of the client's team to identify
project requirements and user needs, coordinates and collaborates
with architects and other consultants, develops engineering
concepts and recommendations, presents options and recommendations
to client, and leads the internal Kinetics team in project
- Assesses project requirements, breaks projects into tasks, and
works with Operation Project Managers to determine scope of work.
Develop scope of work for fee proposal based on preliminary review
and client meetings.
- Establishes relationship with client and architect through
listening well and developing and presenting appropriate
- Incorporates all relevant project information to establish
concept plans and design criteria for system designs. Defines and
sets forth information in basis of design, including information
gathered from users, other consultants, field surveys and code
- Reviews the layout of distribution systems and equipment with
team members within the discipline, as well as project team members
in other disciplines, architects, outside consultants, and clients.
Reviews and coordination occur primarily through interpersonal
communication in project meetings and one-on-one.
- Supports Project Managers and Business Development staff in
marketing specific projects.
- Works directly with Engineering Manager to define the manpower
needs and individual roles on specific projects, and to assist in
identifying other individuals for key project assignments.
- Anticipates and identifies design work to be done to meet
project deadlines. Raises day-to-day and long-term staffing,
budget, and quality issues with the appropriate people in a
- Delegates work, identifies specific tasks, and balances work
for Engineers and Designers in order to meet client demands and
individual project deadlines.
- Provides appropriate level of training and reviews work to
ensure established engineering principles are consistently used.
Ensures employee mentoring occurs through project work for staff at
all levels of the project and plays an active role in teaching
- Works to meet client deadlines including balancing multiple
priorities and responding to changes in deadline, scope and design
as they occur. Often works on two or more projects in a given time
period, depending upon project size and deadline.
- Performs and evaluates system calculations, and sizes and
selects major system components.
- Travels domestically and internationally to other company
locations and/or customers as required.
- Works with code officials and other design professionals when
an interpretation or exception to building codes is required.
Monitor and coordinate interdisciplinary work for compliance to
applicable fire and building codes, accepted engineering practices
and company standards. Apply IBC, IFC, NFPA, CGA and other code
requirements to process designs.
- Able to step into a role of engineer, program lead, or project
lead as dictated by project requirements.
- Observes project sites to monitor progress and ensure
conformance to design specifications. Job Knowledge:
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and team
- Field experience is a plus.
- Management experience a plus.
- Reviewing construction drawings, documents, and specifications
with the authority having jurisdiction (AHJ) to ensure compliance
with local ordinances, design requirements, fire and building
- Developing sequence of operations, functional instrument
diagrams, P&ID loop schematics, process flow diagrams.
- The ideal candidate shall demonstrate experience designing
systems and specifying materials for gas, chemical, and HPM storage
and delivery systems; industrial waste collection, storage and
treatment systems; exhaust gas scrubbers and thermal oxidizers; and
ultra-pure water production and distribution systems.
- Evaluating Hazardous Production Materials (HPM) to ensure
chemical compatibility of selected materials.
- Supports Building Automation Systems Controls and
Instrumentation designs in conjunction with Electrical and Process
- Knowledge of engineering software such as Pipeflo
- Supports Construction Administration activities including RFI
and Submittal responses.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and BIM software preferred. Education
- A minimum of Bachelors of Science in Chemical or Mechanical
- At least 10 years of experience designing or working with UPW,
wastewater or other water treatment systems.
- A Professional Engineering License is required.
Keywords: Kinetics, Austin , Senior Process Engineer, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!