Data Center Electrical Engineer
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Job #: R-00047368
Location: Austin, TX
Category: Electrical Engineering
Schedule (FT/PT): Full Time
Travel Required: No
Potential for Telework: No
Clearance: Public Trust
Referral Eligibility : Ineligible
Group: Health Description Job Description:Leidos currently has an
opening for a Facilities Project Manager in the field of Electrical
Engineering. This position will support the electrical
infrastructure associated with the VA data center located in
Austin, TX. and is required to be at the site. This is an exciting
opportunity to use your experience helping the IOSS mission in
supporting the mission of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA),
Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Information
Technology (IT) Operations and Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure
Operations (IO).Primary Responsibilities:Must have prior experience
in installation, construction, operations and maintenance of
redundant power sources, backup power sources and all associated
equipment providing continuous power to the data center.
- Current infrastructure/equipment to support:
- Utility power feed(s)
- Backup generators (including fuel systems)
- Auto Transfer Switches (ATS)
- Uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS) units (including battery
- Power Distribution Units (PDU)
- Remote Power Panels (RPP)
- Electric panels
- Redundancy to the IT rack level
- Conduct all aspects of project initiation, planning, execution
and closeout per industry standards.
- Follow VA and ITOPS IO standards and procedures for internal,
Facilities Project Management.
- Develop formal project charters and assist the VA in developing
project packages, including market research, statement of work
(SOW) and performance work statement (PWS).
- Facilitate project kick-off and status meetings and communicate
individual roles and project expectations.
- Conduct formal project reviews with project sponsor at project
completion and review all project products to confirm acceptance
- Conduct reviews with the Program Manager on a periodic
- Keep the Program Manager, Customer, and project team informed
of the status of the project.
- Coordinate activities for ad hoc requests.
- Develop and maintain detailed project plans, and Work Breakdown
Structure (WBS) of the tasks required to execute the project.
- Monitor project milestones and critical dates to identify
potential jeopardy of project schedule and recommend ways to
- Ensure that risks associated with the cost, resource, schedule,
and technical aspects of the project are identified, assessed,
documented, tracked, and mitigated. All issues tracked must be
accessible by the COR/VA PM(s) for any reviews and approvals
- Apprise management of issues that impact the project and
require management decisions.
- Assess variances from the project plan and develop
recommendations as necessary to ensure project remains within
specified scope as well as time, cost and quality objectives. All
variances tracked must be accessible by the COR/VA PM(s) for any
reviews and approvals required.
- Maintain a collaborative environment with key
- Participate in the development of project standards, procedures
and quality objectives.
- Communicate assigned responsibilities to project members for
developing artifacts and performing project activities.
- Review project management activities with VA Management on a
- Review project-planning activities with the Project Team on a
periodic and event-driven basis.
- Produce high quality technical documents (technical writing
skills), including AutoCAD drawings.Basic Qualifications:
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering (emphasis in power
- 10 years of experience supporting large data centers.
- Proficient using AutoCAD.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust clearance.
- Must be a US citizen.External Referral
Bonus:IneligiblePotential for Telework:NoClearance Level
Required:Public TrustTravel:NoScheduled Weekly
Family:Electrical EngineeringPay Range: About LeidosLeidos is a
Fortune 500 -- --information technology, engineering, and science
solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest
challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil,
and health markets. The company's 38,000 employees support vital
missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in
Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately
$11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more
information, visit www.Leidos.com . Pay and BenefitsPay and
benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we
craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work
we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive
compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid
Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .Securing
Your DataLeidos will never ask you to provide payment-related
information at any part of the employment application process. And
Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent
from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting
to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any
other personal information, please report the email to
firstname.lastname@example.org .Commitment to DiversityAll qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship,
religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic
information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry,
domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis
prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with
relevant laws. Description Job Description:Leidos currently has
an... Description Job Description:This is an exciting... Join our
Talent Community to create a profile, enabling a streamlined
application process and to help our recruiters better understand
your areas of expertise and interest. Contact us about product
information and pricing, customer feedback, stockholder services,
or just to voice a concern.
Keywords: Leidos, Austin , Data Center Electrical Engineer, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!