CPU Design Verification Engineer (80181) 1
Posted on: April 8, 2021
What You Do At AMD Changes Everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in
changing the world for the better by driving innovation in
high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization
technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and
the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes
amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will
go the "extra mile" to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people
who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push
boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have
this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the
opportunities available to come join our team.
CPU Design Verification Engineer
In this position, you will perform pre-Silicon Functional
Verification of next generation high performance Microprocessor
designs. It involves research, design, develop, and/or test of
electronic components and systems for semiconductor and related
device manufacturing, employing knowledge of electronic theory.
We are searching for candidates who love technical challenges and
are natural problem solvers. Detail oriented people who seek
continuous improvement and thrive in an innovative environment are
encouraged to apply.
- Develop and execute on verification test plans at different
levels of design hierarchy including unit and full-chip
- Develop high level language testbench components including
stimulus drivers, BFMs, behavioral models, monitors and
- Develop, simulate and debug directed and random stimulus and
assembly level tests to find bugs in the microprocessor design and
verify the functionality and verify conformance to the ISA
Additional Responsibilities May Include
- Develop and analyze assertions and coverage terms. Participate
in technical reviews of the specifications, design and test plans.
Identify and address areas of concern to meet design quality
- Work with RTL writers to resolve all simulation failures and
- Develop tools, infrastructure, processes and flows to enable
- Document test plans and testbench component plans and drive
reviews with peers and partners.
- Maintain and improve existing functional verification
infrastructure and methodology.
- When presented with Silicon issues, replicate in the
pre-silicon environment, and provide debug expertise to root cause
the issue and ensure complete validation
- Contribute towards and drive as needed pre-silicon and/or
post-silicon verification of complex architectural and
- Drive project goals and dependencies with cross-site
Architects, RTL writers, and Physical Design engineers.
- Independently develop quality, timely and cost-effective
We are looking for CPU level design verification experience with a
background in Computer Architecture and excellent coding skills.
Other skills include:
- Processor pipeline and memory hierarchy
- Hands-on work in C++ programming for either hardware modeling
or testbench development or projects of similar scope and
- Logic design and representing the same in HDL (e.g. Verilog or
- Assembly language programming and Instruction Set Architecture
of a current microprocessor
- Hardware Verification methodology and techniques such as
simulation, debug, coverage, formal, etc.
- Experience working in a Unix/Linux environment
- Scripting languages (e.g. Perl or Python or Ruby)
- Hardware/logic simulators (e.g. VCS or NC-Verilog)
- Debug tools or waveform viewers
- Verification languages (e.g. Specman or System Verilog)
- MSEE, MSCE or related degree a plus
Requisition Number: 81942
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters,
recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its
subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider
candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status,
medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin,
race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran
status. Please click here for more information.
Keywords: AMD, Austin , CPU Design Verification Engineer (80181) 1, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!