Senior EMC/RFI Design and Test Engineer - 88592
Posted on: April 8, 2021
What You Do At AMD Changes Everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in
changing the world for the better by driving innovation in
high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization
technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and
the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes
amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will
go the "extra mile" to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people
who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push
boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have
this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the
opportunities available to come join our team.
Senior EMC/RFI Design and Test Engineer The Role
AMD's EMC group is looking for a qualified candidate to own the
design and validation testing on AMD ICs (APU, CPU, and GPU) and
their associated reference design platforms - PCBs & Systems. This
is an opportunity to work with Master Architects in the EMC/RFI
- Has the desire and ability to resolve problem quickly.
- Excellent time management skills to schedule own workload, and
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
- Willing and able to be flexible and accept new challenges Key
- Perform EMC/RFI validation tests, debug tests, and write
internal test reports.
- Assist in EMC certification with Third Party test Labs.
- Work with EMC/RFI architects to support their Product
Validation and Certification needs.
- Collaborate with ASIC Program/Platform management teams to
define dependencies, deliverables and, if required, contingencies
on AMD Product Compliance Tests.
- Perform design work to meet EMC and RFI requirements on AMD
products to include schematic, layout, PCB Stack-up and component
- Work with EMC/RFI architects to develop ASIC and Platform
Design guidelines and test procedures to support validation and
- Support EMC/RFI Architects on their EMI/RFI simulation needs.
- Proven understanding of electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) and
interference (EMI) theory
- Strong knowledge of Radio Frequency Interference (RFI) theory
plus Worldwide EMC regulatory specifications and standards
- Strong attention to detail and excellent communication
- Experience with EMC/RFI laboratories and test equipment.
- Experience with emission and immunity design at the ASICs and
- Ability to root cause issues and provide optimal solutions to
meet EMC/RFI requirements
- Familiarity with ASIC, Platform and System designs
- Familiarity with signal integrity and power integrity design
and their impacts on EMI/RFI
- Familiarity with wireless Radio & WLAN RFI test equipment
including TEM chamber, DSO/FFT scope, Network Analyzer, couplers,
near field scanner, etc...
- Experience in Antenna theory and applications
- Familiarity with electrical safety design and test rules
- Familiarity with radio transmission Uplink/Downlink carrier
frequencies and receiver architecture
- Experience with scripting software such as python
- Simulation skills with Time Domain or Frequency Domain 3D/2.5D
EM Field solvers such as ANSYS EM suite /CST is a plus Academic
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
Position requires a physical presence at the AMD Austin, TX EMC
Requisition Number: 88592
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Product Engineering
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters,
recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its
subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider
candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status,
medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin,
race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran
status. Please click here for more information.
Keywords: AMD, Austin , Senior EMC/RFI Design and Test Engineer - 88592, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!