Staff Technical Writer - 82573
Posted on: April 8, 2021
What You Do At AMD Changes Everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in
changing the world for the better by driving innovation in
high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization
technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and
the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes
amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will
go the "extra mile" to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people
who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push
boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have
this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the
opportunities available to come join our team.
This requisition is for a Senior Technical Writer role in the AMD
Server Business Unit. This individual works with technical staff to
develop and deliver internal and external technical documentation
to support AMD server products and programs.
The applicant must be a team player with a commitment to meeting
deadlines and an aptitude to thrive in a fast paced, multi-tasking
- Works with technical staff to develop a wide variety of
technical documentation in accordance with the processes used by
the AMD Server Technical Documentation team.
- Writes, reviews, formats, edits and processes technical
documentation as specified by the document owners.
- Adherence to AMD documentation processes, workflow, and tool
- Confers with technical personnel to ensure content accuracy and
to resolve questions or contradictions.
- Creates or revises graphics based upon engineering input.
- Works on related projects and/or assignments as needed.
- Bachelor's degree plus 6 years of experience as a technical
writer for computer hardware and/or software.
- Experience in written composition and a background in the
structure and use of the English language.
- Comprehension of engineering terminology used in x86-based
computer systems and components.
- Experience with technical documentation processes and
- Strong background in Word and FrameMaker.
- Knowledge of DITA XML a plus.
- Well versed in graphical editing tools such as Visio
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to solve problems
- Aptitude to work on multiple projects at once.
- Demonstrates initiative in defining process and documentation
Requisition Number: 82573
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Other Engineering
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters,
recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its
subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider
candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status,
medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin,
race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran
status. Please click here for more information.
Keywords: AMD, Austin , Staff Technical Writer - 82573, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!