Senior React Front End Engineer
Company: Self Financial, Inc.
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Engineering Austin, Texas, United States Full time At Self
(formerly Self Lender), our mission is to help millions of people
establish and build credit - especially those who are considered
underserved or credit invisible. This is a rare chance to join a
successful, venture backed startup based in Austin. Developing a
successful fintech company requires deep collaboration across our
teams, dedication, and truly disrupting the way the industry thinks
about things. Our team is passionate about empowering people to
take control of their credit and challenging the status quo of
accessing and building credit. Understanding our consumers is core
to our growth in the years to come. How we act with each other is
how we act with our customers. We are direct, transparent and
respectful, and we hope you embrace that approach. About our team:
We're a growing team of engineers working with modern technology to
help people build credit and savings. We've rebuilt and launched
our website as well as our mobile app in the last year, which now
serves thousands of customers. We're looking to take our product to
the next level and need an experienced engineer to help us mature
our front end development process. Our website is written in React
+ GraphQL and our mobile app is written in React Native + GraphQL.
Candidate Description: As a React front end engineer, you'll be
working to implement a cutting-edge user experience that can be
seamless for Android, iOS, and Web users. You'll integrate with our
Rest APIs and other 3rd-party services. You'll collaborate with
designers, product managers and other stakeholders in brainstorming
new ideas, developing features, gathering feedback and iterating,
thereby continuously providing impactful improvement to our
products. Requirements Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical
- 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- 3+ years of experience working with modern front end frameworks
such as React, Angular, Ember, Vue.js.
- Experience developing UI for iOS and Android platforms.
- Experience working with server-side technologies.
- Experience with common software engineering tools such as Git
(or other VCS), JIRA, Confluence and similar platforms. Preferred
- Solid understanding of the React ecosystem, component
composition, lifecycle methods.
- Strong familiarity with CSS Flexbox, CSS Grid, CSS in JS or
other React-based CSS solutions.
- Experience with front end tooling like NPM, Yarn, Babel,
Webpack, ESLint, Prettier.
- Experience building and consuming APIs to interact with other
services using REST or GraphQL.
- Experience using GraphQL and Apollo or Relay clients in a
- Background in building cross-platform native applications using
React Native is a plus.
- Familiarity with native build tools like XCode, Android Studio.
- Develop, extend, and maintain the Self website leveraging the
- Build and maintain our mobile app using React Native.
- Translate the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code and
technical implementation that will produce pixel perfect visual
- Work with designers, product managers, back end engineers to
implement new product features and improve existing ones.
- Build efficient and reusable front end components and
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Maintain code and write tests to ensure the product is of the
- Provide stakeholders with time and resource estimates related
to product development.
- Make technical decisions and improvements around front end
- Ensure user-facing code is written with security in mind.
- Keep up-to-date with the best front end practices and tooling.
We have the compensation and benefits you expect. But, there's one
thing that Self Financial can offer that many startups cannot: we
can positively change the world, while making a profit. Over 64
million adults in the U.S. do not have a credit score because of a
lack of credit history. Self is solving this problem with creative
technology solutions and partnerships.
- Stock options
- Generous employer-paid health, vision and dental insurance
- Enjoy our vacation policy - there is no policy, balance
- Educational assistance
- Plenty of snacks and drinks provided
- Casual dress code
- Team happy hours and events
- Downtown Austin office space How we act with each other is how
we act with our customers. We are direct, transparent and
respectful, and we hope you embrace that approach. Self Financial
requires all employees hired to successfully pass a background
check. Self Financial does not discriminate on the basis of race,
sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status,
disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual
orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law
in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
Keywords: Self Financial, Inc., Austin , Senior React Front End Engineer, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!