FPGA Firmware Design Engineer
Company: Job Juncture
Posted on: February 21, 2021
FPGA Firmware Design Engineer
Job Summary of the FPGA Firmware Design Engineer:
Electrical Engineer with experience in FPGA design is required to
play a key role in designing, developing, and supporting next
generation FPGA and RF products in an exciting high growth market
for one of our clients in Austin, TX. This client is well known for
their leading-edge ruggedized ADC, DAC, and digital signal
processing products. This is a stable, growing company that is
offering significant future opportunities to break into new
technologies. If you have very good experience with FPGA
development using VHDL along with the ability to work on high-speed
DDR memories, LVDS interfaces, and MGT protocols then this
opportunity is well suited to you.
Responsibilities of the FPGA Firmware Design Engineer:
- Designing FPGA firmware targeting Kintex-7, Virtex-7,
UltraScale, and UltraScale+ FPGA devices.
- Creating test benches for simulating FPGA designs.
- Testing designs on target hardware to ensure it performs as per
- Providing documentation that describes the FPGA implementation
and the detailed product test plan.
- Complex diagnostics and debugging of FPGA interfaces on a
variety of products.
- Interfacing with customers to provide technical support for
FPGA designs on a variety of products.
- Collaborating with a multi-discipline engineering team in an
Agile project management workflow.
Qualifications for the FPGA Firmware Design Engineer:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Engineering /
Electrical Engineering or equivalent.\
- 3+ years of experience in FPGA firmware development (VHDL
- Specific experience with Xilinx and/or Altera FPGA design, for
complex digital systems
- Experience with hardware/software design and testing
methodologies is required
- Experience in production testing of computing/PCB/FPGA-based
products is desired
- Experience with software programming language, C/C++ is
- Experience working with high-speed DDR memories, LVDS
interfaces, and MGT protocols is desired
- Knowledge of Xilinx’s ISE and Vivado development tools
- Ability to own the FPGA development part of projects through
the full development life-cycle, from design, to test, and release
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to work with
various engineering teams and directly with the customer.
Compensation of the FPGA Firmware Design Engineer:
Salary Range: Up to 85K-125K+/year, depending on
Location: Austin, TX
Travel: As and when required
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: No. US Citizens or Green Card Only
Knowledge of the following areas will be helpful - FPGA, design,
develop, RF, rf, hardware, dsp, ADC, DAC, digital signal
processing, firmware, Kintex-7, Virtex-7, UltraScale, Agile,
Xilinx, ISE, Vivado, development, Vivado, software, testing,
computing, pcb, computing, C, C++, high-speed DDR, LVDS, MGT,
Keywords: Job Juncture, Austin , FPGA Firmware Design Engineer, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!