MTS Firmware Engineer - 82546
Posted on: February 19, 2021
What You Do At AMD Changes Everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in
changing the world for the better by driving innovation in
high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization
technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and
the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes
amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will
go the "extra mile" to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people
who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push
boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have
this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the
opportunities available to come join our team.
Coreboot BIOS Engineer
An exciting opportunity within the Client BIOS development team
working on the latest cutting-edge CPU/APU technologies.
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting AMD Chromebook
customers. You will partner with their firmware development teams
to successfully develop and bring to market their Chromebook
The ideal candidate has experience doing BIOS port, bring up, and
support through product launch of Chromebooks/Coreboot based
platforms. A candidate who has extensive experience doing the same
on UEFI based platforms is also attractive.
The candidate should be a highly motivated, self-learning firmware
engineer and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. In this
role, you will be working closely with the end customer debugging
and resolving issues in a timely manner to assure they can make
Strong communication skills are very important.
- Porting and bring up of Coreboot BIOS for customer Chromebook
- Work closely with customers to address and resolve BIOS
- Able to work to a deadline in a fast-paced environment.
- Work to enable features, optimize BIOS performance, and improve
- Able to multi-task between several customers.
- Strong knowledge of Coreboot (preferred) or UEFI.
- BIOS, firmware, or system software development.
- Experience porting BIOSs to new platforms
- Experience performing system bring-ups
- Expert at C language; knowledge of assembly
- Familiarity with x86 and ARM CPU/APU architectures and
associated compile tools
- Must have strong system debugging skills.
- Able to read and interpret system schematics.
- Strong communication skills
- BS-CS/BS-EE with 5+ years experience with BIOS, firmware or
system software development
- MS-CS/MS-EE with 3+ years experience; with BIOS, firmware, or
system software development
- Austin, TX (preferred) but anywhere in the US is acceptable
Requisition Number: 82546
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters,
recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its
subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider
candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status,
medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin,
race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran
status. Please click here for more information.
Keywords: AMD, Austin , MTS Firmware Engineer - 82546, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!