Network Engineer - Disaster Recovery
Company: NTT Data Inc
Posted on: November 22, 2020
Network Engineer - Disaster Recovery
US Citizen Required
ACCOUNTABILITIES Conducts analysis and prepares reports Assists in
the recommendation for improvements and the development of
technical standards Monitors network to ensure its availability
Observes and controls the status and performance of all network
components Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves problems affecting
network performance Creates and maintains network documentation
RESPONSIBILITIES Manages the development of innovative and
cost-effective solutions to problems of customers Providing highest
level support on the complex systems, investigating, analyzing, and
resolving difficult problems on network components and multi
purpose platform systems Manages the development of new internal
programs or modifications of current systems Acts as the subject
matter expert on certain internal networks and systems
This is a project-based position completing the same/similar tasks.
The role itself will consist of a lot of auditing and building data
up. They may need to put in change requests to update the data.
This worker will be logging onto multiple machines and pulling
data. Looking around IP addresses around the infrastructure,
checking the IP addresses, and collecting data.
In-depth disciplinary knowledge; leverages business acumen and
subject matter expertise.
Provides deep subject matter expertise, advice and program
Contributes to the development of new techniques and plans within
area of expertise.
In-depth understanding of goals, customer requirements and
knowledge of competitor practices.
Thorough understanding of business priorities, strategy and
Thorough understanding and management of customer business needs
Works on abstract and complex problems requiring evaluation of
Integrates trends, data and information into plans, deliverables
Develops innovative and creative output based on interpretation and
analysis that improve business performance and contribute to
corporate goals and strategic intent.
3-5 years of relevant experience
* Expertise with Remote Access technologies including Palo Alto
Global Protect, Palo Alto hardware platforms. Cisco Certified
Network Professional (CCNA) preferred.
* Must have a high degree of knowledge around FIPS encryption,
software defined networking, and extensive firewall experience.
--Processing Standard (FIPS)
* Cisco CCNP qualified Routing and Switching
* Advanced knowledge of network dynamic routing protocols - BGP,
* Advanced knowledge of network WAN technologies - MPLS, VPLS, IP
* Advanced knowledge of Cisco Systems Products (routers and
* Advanced knowledge of Networking Products
* Advanced knowledge of Wireless protocols
* DNS & DHCP understanding, experience of BlueCat and IPAM
* Effective communication skills within and outside team.
* High level of documentation ability required
* Possesses and routinely applies broad knowledge of network
related processes and procedures to the completion of complex
* Possesses knowledge, skills and abilities required to resolve
most network related problems.
* Advanced knowledge of network performance, hardware and
* Serves as a resource to others in the resolution of highly
* Ability to consistently apply broad knowledge of network
administration to the diagnoses and resolution of network
* Possesses knowledge and experience in monitoring tools along the
lines of TCP decode and Sniffer TCP traces, Wireshark
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment
decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company
will consider all qualified applicants for employment without
regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national
origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic
information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital
status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with
applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to
qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make
reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental
limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability
who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the
Company would result.
Keywords: NTT Data Inc, Austin , Network Engineer - Disaster Recovery, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!