Posted on: October 15, 2020
WHAT IT TAKES TO BE PART OF THE FIREMON TEAM
FireMon provides persistent network security for hybrid
environments through a powerful fusion of real-time asset
visibility, continuous compliance and automation. Since creating
the first-ever network security policy management solution, FireMon
has delivered command and control over complex network security
infrastructures for more than 1,700 customers.
Our customers have unique and complex security problems that are
difficult to solve. This doesn t intimidate us, it inspires us. It
pushes us to be more creative and find solutions to ensure their
success. If this sounds like a movement you'd be interested in
joining, we invite you to apply today.
As a thought leader in a space we invented, FireMon is paving the
way in the cybersecurity industry across the globe. At FireMon,
you'll find a disruptive, cutting-edge environment. It's a place
where being proactive is rewarded and each day is more innovative
than the last. This drive permeates everything we do from how we
develop our products to how we engage with our customers and how we
get things done.
One of the biggest benefits of working with a groundbreaking
company like FireMon, is the huge impact employees have on the
overall product and business. Each person s work directly affects
the outcome of the finalized product and success of the business.
Additionally, you can voice your ideas and collaborate across
departments to learn new aspects of the company. Since we are
securely backed by some of the savviest investors in the industry,
you get the security of an established organization but at the same
time get to experience the agility and autonomy of a smaller
The Solutions Engineer, reporting to the SVP of Global Services, is
an essential part of the Global Services Team working within
FireMon to qualify business opportunities and develop the strategy
to resolve technical matters; and within Customer Organizations
with security architects, infrastructure, and security and
engineering teams to design solutions that promote results. You
will support Professional Services activity within Buyer s Journey
(Pre-Sale) and Customer Journey (Post-Sale) capacity.
What you'll do:
* Account for the decisions you propose and be an expert in the
implementation of proposed solutions.
* Conducting business process analyses, needs assessments, and
preliminary cost/benefits analyses to align technology solutions
with business initiatives.
* Work with users to define and analyze problems and align the most
appropriate technical, application or configuration solutions.
* Develop, document, and manage the requirements gathering process
and providing the detailed design and business processes to support
the requirements throughout the project life cycle up to and
through change control.
* Review system test plans and system tests applications to ensure
successful test cycles.
* Work with the end-user to select or create appropriate scenarios
to test implemented solution to determine whether solution meets
* Be a functional and technical resource for the project team.
* Establish Level of Effort (LOE) and duration estimates for
* Build architecture best practices.
Required Skills and Experience
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems, Management
Information Systems, Computer Science or other related field
* 3+ years of business analysis and consulting experience to or
within large corporations, relating to enterprise software
implementation and change management
* 3+ years experience designing and implementing client-facing
* Experience with the technologies relevant to the ServiceNow
integration solutions including: SSO, SAML, SSL, Web Services,
LDAP, JDBC, ODBC, REST, SCP, and FTPS
* Familiarity with multiple languages, including C++, Java, Python
Perl, or other programming language
* Experience implementing solutions using API Management
* Experience in technology architecture and implementation on the
* Communicate solution recommendations and influence decision
* Startup mentality with responsibilities for partner
* Demonstrate experience across all phases of the SDLC and Agile
software development practices.
* Write, design specifications and use appropriate charts and
diagrams to illustrate your ideas.
* Experience with incident management, service request, problem
management, change management, discovery, and configuration
management databases (CMDB)
* Experience designing application deployments on public (AWS,
Azure) and hybrid cloud setup.
Preferred Skills and Experience
* Familiarity with profiling, code coverage, logging, common IDE's
and other development tools.
* Perform code reviews, providing positive and constructive
feedback and accept feedback.
* JAVA/J2EE programming experience.
* Experience with Unix/Linux System Administration
* Experience with relations database management (i.e.
* Experience with ETL processes, and data formats like XML and
* Experience with network security tools such as firewalls, IPS,
routers, switches, proxies, Linux and servers, Microsoft active
directory and servers, distributed computing, cloud computing.
* ITIL v3 certification
* ServiceNow Certified Application Developer Certification
* Completed advanced ServiceNow System Administration training
* ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist Certification.
Keywords: FireMon, Austin , Solutions Engineer, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!