Senior CPU Performance Workloads Engineer
Posted on: September 16, 2020
We have exciting opportunities in the CPU group, where you will
be part of a highly motivated team that helps define new
generations of mainstream processors.
You will have real responsibilities from day one, and you will get
support and mentorship from specialists that will help you succeed
and develop your career. Through teamwork, training, and dedication
to personal development, we strive to help everyone mature into a
specialist in the field.
You will work in a multi-site, multi-cultural environment and will
have the opportunity to work on different projects.
What will you be accountable for?
- You will contribute to the definition of the next generation of
Arms IP products by enabling analysis of new applications and
benchmarks, and by proposing new insights on methodologies that
push the state of the art in workload analysis, characterization
- Together with marketing, technical leads, and partners we will
align on applications that will represent market requirements for
- You will propose, develop and maintain innovative ways of
making relevant workloads suitable for sophisticated simulation and
emulation platforms, targeting the latest architectural
You will help maintain and extend existing methodologies and tools,
and develop new tools/infrastructureJob RequirementsIn order to be
considered, you will need at least a Bachelors degree in Electronic
Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other
relevant subject. Other degree types may be considered with
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
- An engineering mind-set with strong problem-solving skills
- Good object-oriented programming, preferably C++ or Java, plus
coding in assembly (aarch64 preferred) and C
- Reasonable understanding of fundamental operating system
internals such as virtual memory and schedulers
- Performance analysis of software (performance, debugging, etc),
preferably in pre-silicon simulation or emulation environments
- Use of a UNIX environment and programming in Python, shell,
- Use of compilers such as gcc and llvm, targeting aarch64
- Excellent attention to detail
- Creativity and ability to communicate ideas efficiently
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills
What are the desired requirements for this role?
- Good understanding of computer architecture fundamentals
- Experience with workload/OS bring up or porting on a new
architecture or platform
- Experience using performance counters and characterization
At Arm, we are proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our
unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work
together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We, not I
Collaboration first, egos last.
---Start with long-term value to customers and partners, and work
back from there.
---Collaborate, decide, commit, and bring people with you.
---Make the most of all the skills and knowledge across Arm; share
information with those who need it.
---Care about the people around you.
Passion for progress
Innovation that enables our ecosystems, Arm and our people to
---Work with pace and judgement. Adapt to circumstances.
---Take risk in support of Arm's progress.
---Be accountable for the decisions you take. Learn from
---Pursue innovation relentlessly.
Be your brilliant self
Skillful individuality, performance and fulfilment.
---Seek and embrace differences.
---Encourage curiosity and challenge.
---Give people trust and autonomy; show people they can trust you
to do brilliant work in pursuit of Arms goals.
Keywords: ARM, Austin , Senior CPU Performance Workloads Engineer, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!