Senior Verification Application Engineer
Posted on: August 2, 2020
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job DescriptionThe Productivity Engineering Group provides
methodology, workflows and applications to all engineering product
groups across ARM. Our remit is to drive and co-ordinate
verification methodologies and platforms that can be used across
all product groups to drive improvements in deterministic delivery
About the team
You will be working in our Austin Texas office, within a very
dynamic team that develops, deploys and maintains Python flows for
Engineering groups located across Europe, US and India. The team is
very collaborative, dynamic and friendly. The unnecessary pressure
is kept away from the technical staff by proactive line and program
managers. Constant commitment to mid-term priority is feedback to
the team, while the short-term priority decisions are made by the
developers. We work within an Agile/Scrum approach, and regularly
challenge our processes to avoid frustration and raise overall
The wide use of our tool within Arm makes it a great vector to
interact with many hardworking teams and individuals. The variety
of cultures, the depth of knowledge and the gently distilled
British phlegm makes Arm a working place that may accommodate all
your professional endeavours, and maybe more! Given the span of the
team and partners locations, you will have the opportunity to
travel to other sites during your work.
About the role
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Verification
Application Engineer to build an internal verification support team
for a centralized verification framework . This role has several
aspects. It consists in helping verification engineers to port
their TBs to a centralised verification framework, deliver training
to promote good practices, fixing bugs in the framework or
developing custom features for dedicated customers.
This position requires strong communication as well as technical
skills to become the interface between Engineering community and
the team in charge of developing the framework. You will work both
with internal project teams and also external EDA vendors to ensure
the best technology is available for Arm. You will have the
opportunity to demonstrate your verification experience and skill
set to not only understand but also anticipate Arm verification
challenges such that the verification framework delivers effective
and efficient verification.
What will you be accountable for ?The role covers several aspects
- As primary contact to our internal partners, you will become
the showcase, so you promote the framework across divisions.
- Build and maintain Documentation, UserGuide and Training
- Deliver Training to Arm project team to minimise the subsequent
support to provide.
- Support Arm project team with the migration of their
Testbenches to the framework and assist them in developing some
custom code for their needs.
- Support Arm projects as well in transitioning cross simulators,
simulator version or framework versions
- Ensure efficiency and reliability of EDA tools thanks to
privileged accesses to their FAEs
- Ensure syncups with developers to make sure Bugs are well fixed
and improvements are well planned, but you can even fix quick bugs
- Ability to be client-facing and get along with partners in
order to explain technical aspects
Job RequirementsWhat skills, experience and qualifications do I
- 3 big set of attributes which are equally meaningful:
- A deep understanding of verification methodologies and flows
for functional verification of complex IP
- Strong scripting skills (Python mainly, UNIX shell scripting) -
being able to develop scripting to support new flows.
- Good experience working in interrupt mode with strong social
- Experience of "scaled-out" deployment of technology across a
- Experience of supporting workflow users
- Experience of collaborating with EDA vendors FAEs
- Good knowledge of the main simulators on the market
- At least good exposure to one of those but knows the difference
of the different simulators
- Experience in working with a Bug Tracking system
- Exposure to the complete software development life-cycle
including the use of configuration management
- A good understanding of databases (MySQL, NoSQL,
- Proficient with CI tool such as Jenkins
- Used to work under Git/Gerrit
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare
culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to
defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We, not I
Collaboration first, egos last.
---Start with long-term value to customers and partners, and work
back from there.
---Collaborate, decide, commit, and bring people with you.
---Make the most of all the skills and knowledge across Arm; share
information with those who need it.
---Care about the people around you.
Passion for progress
Innovation that enables our ecosystems, Arm and our people to
---Work with pace and judgement. Adapt to circumstances.
---Take risk in support of Arm's progress.
---Be accountable for the decisions you take. Learn from
---Pursue innovation relentlessly.
Be your brilliant self
Skillful individuality, performance and fulfilment.
---Seek and embrace differences.
---Encourage curiosity and challenge.
---Give people trust and autonomy; show people they can trust you
to do brilliant work in pursuit of Arm's goals.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of
dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By
enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace,
where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people
to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global
BenefitsYour particular benefits package will depend on position
and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package
will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm's benefits program
provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay
innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and
create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only,
shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: caf-- on site, fitness facilities,
team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for
health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel
Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information,
please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
About ArmArm-- technology is at the heart of a computing and
connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live
and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our
advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the
intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering
products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer.
With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world's most
famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation
into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network
and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of
dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By
enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all
our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share
their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global
About the officeThe Arm Austin office employs staff from across all
divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North
America. Austin has the nickname of "Silicon Hills" thanks to the
high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the
"Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by
Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix
are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top
destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
Keywords: ARM, Austin , Senior Verification Application Engineer, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!