Senior DevOps Engineer, Linux
Posted on: June 28, 2020
About the role:
Blackbaud is seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer to work among a
passionate team responsible for Linux based application operations
support and for engineering innovative infrastructure and
application solutions with increasing reliability, scalability,
supportability, and security. You will play an instrumental role in
our journey to a public cloud model while also sustaining a high
level of quality in our current co-located data centers.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer you will be collaborating to lead the
development of our solution delivery platforms supporting our Linux
web-based applications. You are a developer that is passionate
about getting things done and engineering with excellence. You will
have the opportunity to work on software solutions within our
organization that will have a huge impact on our industry and our
clients. You will utilize automation technologies to provide
world-class solutions that serve the non-profit industry. In doing
so, you have an opportunity to learn or improve upon design and
architecture skills and gain a full understanding and appreciation
for implementing modern software applications.
What you'll be doing:
- Responsible for the overall health and stability of supported
applications, systems and environments by proactively monitoring
and responding to events.
- Work directly with Development and Customer Success teams to
improve our overall stability and speed to production
- Standardize and automate change, validation, and deployment
processes to increase efficiency and reduce risk, complexity, waste
- Proactively monitor capacity and performance management
measures to ensure quality and support business growth.
- Drive incident response with focus on restoration of service,
followed by pursuit of root cause and permanent resolution.
- Keep up with industry trends and effectively adapt to demands
to rapidly evolving email technologies.
- Support operations on a 24x7x365 basis when needed for
production-impacting incidents or key customer events
What we'll want you to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or
Information Technology or 5+ years of related work experience
- Demonstrated experience in Linux administration and
- Working knowledge of Database and Web server Administration
(Oracle and Apache)
- Demonstrated experience with one or more scripting languages
(Bash, Python, Ansible)
- Experience with source control technologies required
- Practical experience in software engineering best practices
such as design patterns, decoupled architectures, and test-driven
Why you'll want to come work here:
- Our benefits are unmatched. Not only do we offer competitive
salaries, 4 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and 401K
match, we also provide endless community involvement opportunities
to encourage our employees to give back, through our CSR programs
like gift matching and volunteer for vacation.
- Blackbaud has been named to Forbes America's Best Employers for
Diversity 2019, Forbes America's Best Midsize Employer 2019, and
AnitaB.org's Top Companies for Women Technologists 2018, we are
rapidly growing and offer incredible opportunity for career
- We understand that people thrive in a culture focused on
teamwork and purpose. That's why Blackbaud offers a tremendous
company culture, encouraging open, collaborative working
environments in all of our offices around the world, including;
North America, Australia, the United Kingdom and Costa Rica.
- We have proven that we are one of the best technology companies
to work for. Blackbaud has been ranked Best Technology Company in
Charleston, SC for the fourth year in a row, and ranked by BuiltIn
Austin as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX.
Stay up to date on everything Blackbaud, follow us on Linkedin,
Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is
committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental
disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by
federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency
resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited
Keywords: Blackbaud, Austin , Senior DevOps Engineer, Linux, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!