Senior Network Engineer
Posted on: June 28, 2020
About the role:
Blackbaud is seeking a Senior Network Engineer to work among a
passionate team responsible for fast and effective operations
support and for engineering innovative infrastructure and
application solutions with increasing reliability, scalability,
supportability and security. You will play an instrumental role in
our journey to a public cloud model while also sustaining a high
level of quality in our current co-located data centers,
responsible for both cloud-based and physical infrastructure and
application solutions. You'll pursue all opportunities to advance
our operational effectiveness and increase customer
To be successful in this role, you will need to actively engage in
navigating the intersection of engineering and operations. You will
dive into the details to understand a complex system of
environments and applications, with a drive to identify
opportunities to streamline and automate wherever possible. You are
someone that keeps up with industry trends and effectively adapts
to rapidly evolving technologies. You thrive in a culture that
leverages data and metrics to make informed decisions and guide
What you'll be doing:
- Responsible for the overall health and stability of the
networks supporting our applications, systems and
- Own your responsibilities with a customer-first mindset,
aligned on business priorities, with a focus on operational
effectiveness metrics (SLA/OLAs)
- Collaborate with engineering, operations and other key
stakeholders to engineer reliable, scalable, secure and
cost-effective solutions for our customers
- Standardize and automate change, validation, and deployment
processes to increase efficiency and reduce risk, complexity, waste
- Proactively monitor capacity and performance management
measures to ensure quality and support business growth.
- Create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design
and planning network communication systems.
- Drive incident response with focus on restoration of service,
followed by root cause and permanent resolution.
- Collaborate with third-party support and service vendors to
ensure to expand our workforce capacity as needed.
- Available on a 24x7x365 basis when needed for production
impacting incidents or key customer events.
What we'll want you to have
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or
Information Technology or equivalent related work experience
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience designing, implementing and
supporting network infrastructure in complex environments.
- An in-depth understanding of routing protocols (BGP/OSPF/EIGRP)
and routed protocols.
- Experience administering firewalls and other security devices
in production environments
- Practical experience preferred in the implementation of cloud
technologies and an understanding of SAAS, PAAS, and IAAS models
required (Microsoft Azure preferred)
- Practical experience with ITIL or ISO27001 required; lean and
agile methodologies preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication; able to communicate
complex technical information to all stakeholders
Why you'll want to come work here:
- Our benefits are unmatched. Not only do we offer competitive
salaries, 4 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and 401K
match, we also provide endless community involvement opportunities
to encourage our employees to give back, through our CSR programs
like gift matching and volunteer for vacation.
- Blackbaud has been named to Forbes America's Best Employers for
Diversity 2019, Forbes America's Best Midsize Employer 2019, and
AnitaB.org's Top Companies for Women Technologists 2018, we are
rapidly growing and offer incredible opportunity for career
- We understand that people thrive in a culture focused on
teamwork and purpose. That's why Blackbaud offers a tremendous
company culture, encouraging open, collaborative working
environments in all of our offices around the world, including;
North America, Australia, the United Kingdom and Costa Rica.
- We have proven that we are one of the best technology companies
to work for. Blackbaud has been ranked Best Technology Company in
Charleston, SC for the fourth year in a row, and ranked by BuiltIn
Austin as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX.
Stay up to date on everything Blackbaud, follow us on Linkedin,
Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is
committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental
disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by
federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency
resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited
Keywords: Blackbaud, Austin , Senior Network Engineer, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!