Network Principal Engineer
Posted on: June 28, 2020
About the role:
Blackbaud is seeking a Network Principal Engineer to work among a
passionate team responsible for fast and effective operations
support and for engineering innovative infrastructure and
application solutions with increasing reliability, scalability,
supportability and security. You will play an instrumental role in
our journey to a public cloud model while also sustaining a high
level of quality in our current co-located data centers,
responsible for both cloud-based and physical infrastructure and
To be successful in this role, you will take on the design,
implementation, support and security of Blackbaud's internal and
external networks responsible for applications, infrastructure, and
environments of over 45,000+ clients. You will also be required to
Available on a 24x7x365 basis when needed for production impacting
incidents or key customer events.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead network infrastructure technical design and review
existing systems to ensure optimal and efficient performance of
- Standardize and automate change, validation, and deployment
processes to increase efficiency and reduce risk, complexity, waste
- Drive capacity and performance management for the network
infrastructure to ensure quality and support business growth.
- Create and maintain accurate network diagrams and documentation
for design and planning network communication systems.
- Drive incident response with focus on restoration of service,
followed by root cause analysis and permanent resolution.
- Collaborate with third-party support and service vendors
expanding our workforce capacity as needed.
- Deploy firewalls and other security devices in production
- Partner with Security Operations to mitigate risk and help to
define security policies as it relates to firewall and IDS/IPS
- Assist in project management activities including budget
preparation, and timeline determinations.
What we'll want you to have
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or
Information Technology or equivalent related work experience
- 15+ years architecting and implementing complex enterprise
infrastructure network solutions required.
- Experience acting as a technical lead for escalations and
mentoring other members of the team
- Expert knowledge supporting and troubleshooting routing/routed
- Proven experience deploying and maintaining Site to Site VPN,
DM-VPN and AnyConnect VPN's.
- Expertise deploying firewalls such as Cisco ASA, FirePower,
Palo Alto, and other security devices in production
- Practical experience desired in the implementation of cloud
technologies and an understanding of SAAS, PAAS, and IAAS models
required (Microsoft Azure preferred)
- Practical experience with ITIL or ISO27001 required; lean and
agile methodologies preferred
Why you'll want to come work here:
- Our benefits are unmatched. Not only do we offer competitive
salaries, 4 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and 401K
match, we also provide endless community involvement opportunities
to encourage our employees to give back, through our CSR programs
like gift matching and volunteer for vacation.
- Blackbaud has been named to Forbes America's Best Employers for
Diversity 2019, Forbes America's Best Midsize Employer 2019, and
AnitaB.org's Top Companies for Women Technologists 2018, we are
rapidly growing and offer incredible opportunity for career
- We understand that people thrive in a culture focused on
teamwork and purpose. That's why Blackbaud offers a tremendous
company culture, encouraging open, collaborative working
environments in all of our offices around the world, including;
North America, Australia, the United Kingdom and Costa Rica.
- We have proven that we are one of the best technology companies
to work for. Blackbaud has been ranked Best Technology Company in
Charleston, SC for the fourth year in a row, and ranked by BuiltIn
Austin as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX.
Stay up to date on everything Blackbaud, follow us on Linkedin,
Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is
committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental
disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by
federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency
resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited
Keywords: Blackbaud, Austin , Network Principal Engineer, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!