Lead Engineer - Wizard of Oz, Slots
Posted on: May 24, 2020
The Wizard of Oz Slots team is looking for an experienced Lead
Engineer to join our feature development team. The ideal candidate
will have a passion for games, the confidence to lead other
engineers, a devotion to software craftsmanship, an unwavering
commitment to quality, and the desire to have their work seen by
tens of millions of people worldwide.
Your responsibilities will include:
As a Lead Engineer:
- Lead a team of 3 to 4 direct reports with estimating work,
planning Sprints, reviewing code, meeting 1-on-1, and regularly
evaluating individuals' performance.
- Work with other Lead Engineers to tackle engineering problems
- Work with other Discipline Leads on dependency planning of
As an Individual Contributor:
- Create, enhance, and maintain within a single C++ based
codebase used to deliver Zynga Slot games across various mobile and
- Lead multi week to month long complex projects that you've
broken down into smaller tasks with costing and communication of
issues along the way.
- Proactively identify problems and recommend solutions,
improvements, and new approaches to address them.
- Take a hands-on approach in the development of prototypes,
independently and with others, to establish design decisions and/or
As a Zynga Engineer:
- Follow engineering best practices towards ensuring performance,
reliability, and measurability at massive scale.
- Work effectively with teammates, contributing to an innovative
environment of technical excellence.
- Review detailed designs from others, aligning with team and
Zynga-wide technical vision.
- Assist other engineers in their career progression and skill
- Contribute to Zynga's culture of knowledge sharing with studio,
division, and/or company-wide tech talks and technical
You will be a perfect fit if you have:
- BS, MS in Computer Science (or related field), or equivalent
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong
competencies in data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented
- 6+ years of professional experience in mobile, desktop or web
application development, with one or more shipped products.
- Experience with managing engineers.
- Proven ability to deliver work on time with attention to
quality in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability
to work collaboratively and effectively with others in a team
- Strong experience with C++ required. Experience with modern C++
(C++11/14/17) is a plus.
- Demonstrated familiarity with related technologies such as
Cocos2d-x, Objective-C, iPhone SDK, Xcode, Unity/C#, Java, Android
- Experience with mobile development or game development
(especially Slots or Casino) is a plus.
- Experience with server-side technologies in PHP/Java/C++/Go or
REST APIs is a plus.
- Experience with monitoring live server deployments is a
What we offer you:
- Zynga Stock RSUs and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits as well as life
- Catered lunch daily
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Open vacation policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse
community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex,
religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age,
marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or
any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We
welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all
backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to
applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during
the interview process, please let us know.
Keywords: Zynga, Austin , Lead Engineer - Wizard of Oz, Slots, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!