Networking Solutions Engineer
Posted on: May 20, 2020
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job DescriptionArm makes a significant investment in our partners
success. This investment even extends to building Solutions to
showcase our partners SOCs and accelerate their deployment in the
Cloud and Telco markets. Arm's market share in these markets is
expanding rapidly and shows potential for extensive growth. These
Solutions showcase the advantages that our partners bring to end
customers through the combination of Arm's IP and their own
The Networking Solutions Engineer will develop and deploy Telco &
5G focused Solutions for the infrastructure market space. In this
role you will be working with Arm stakeholders and key silicon
partners to develop integrated SOC and software solutions to meet
engineering requirements specifications developed with the Product
team. These requirements will be based on the market requirements,
as well as requirements from our Solutions architects.
The role is technical in nature and based out of Arm's Austin, TX
What will I be accountable for?
The Network Solutions Engineering role is to bring together the
software and hardware technology needed to build a working Telco &
5G focused Solution based on Arm's partner's SOCs. The goal here is
both to show end customers what's possible using Arm technology and
show the advantage of deploying Arm in their infrastructure. The
software could include both open source and proprietary code.
Accountabilities may include but are not limited to:
- Working closely with customers and Arm's Solutions Architects
and Product Managers to identify Solution concepts
- Working closely with architects and technology leads, directly
engaging with internal and external software development teams to
refine the concept into a set of engineering requirements
- Working with internal and external engineering teams to
develop, demo, and deploy the Solutions
- Supporting Arm's Product Marketing team in promotion of the
- Working across the complete value chain of end customers,
manufacturers, and designers of hardware, software and systems to
bring Solutions together
- Work with our Go-to-Market and Product Marketing teams to
support specific customer opportunities, including participating in
customer meetings, sales meetings, and training
Job RequirementsWhat skills, experience, and qualifications do I
- Good university degree (or equivalent), ideally in a numerate
subject, although other graduates would be considered if they have
- Must have experience in building software solutions targeted
for Telco and 5G wireless related use cases
- Experienced with Open Source Software project development and
community interaction specifically targeted to Telco and 5G
- OpenAirInterface (OAI-RAN or OAI-CN
- Open Network Automation Platform (ONAP)
- Open Platform for NFV (OPNFV)
- Open Networking Foundation (ONF) projects
- Open vSwitch (OVS)
- Data Plane Development Kit (DPDK)
- Fast Data Project (FD.io)
- Must have experience in engaging with customers and partners in
the 5G and Telco markets
- Experience writing technical blogs and giving conference
- Must be comfortable dealing with uncertainty
- 5+ years software engineering experience is a must
- A natural problem solver who enjoys solving technical
- Team player and the ability to work in a geographically diverse
and dispersed global organization
- Comfortable with the requirement to travel, since at least
15-25% of this role may involve domestic and international
- 10 years of software engineering experience from previous
- Experience in engaging with customers and partners in the Cloud
Computing & Hyperscale markets
- Have an established technical community presence with publicly
available technical presentations and/or white papers/blog
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare
culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to
defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We, not I
Collaboration first, egos last.
---Start with long-term value to customers and partners, and work
back from there.
---Collaborate, decide, commit, and bring people with you.
---Make the most of all the skills and knowledge across Arm; share
information with those who need it.
---Care about the people around you.
Passion for progress
Innovation that enables our ecosystems, Arm and our people to
---Work with pace and judgement. Adapt to circumstances.
---Take risk in support of Arm's progress.
---Be accountable for the decisions you take. Learn from
---Pursue innovation relentlessly.
Be your brilliant self
Skillful individuality, performance and fulfilment.
---Seek and embrace differences.
---Encourage curiosity and challenge.
---Give people trust and autonomy; show people they can trust you
to do brilliant work in pursuit of Arm's goals.
BenefitsYour particular benefits package will depend on position
and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package
will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm's benefits program
provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay
innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and
create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only,
shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: caf-- on site, fitness facilities,
team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for
health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel
Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information,
please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
About ArmArm-- technology is at the heart of a computing and
connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live
and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our
advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the
intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering
products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer.
With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world's most
famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation
into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network
and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of
dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By
enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all
our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share
their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global
About the officeThe Arm Austin office employs staff from across all
divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North
America. Austin has the nickname of "Silicon Hills" thanks to the
high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the
"Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by
Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix
are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top
destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
Keywords: ARM, Austin , Networking Solutions Engineer, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!