Micro Architect RTL Design Engineer- Enterprise Interconnect
Posted on: May 20, 2020
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job DescriptionAbout the Role
As a Memory System / Interconnect Design Engineer, you will be part
of the Systems and Software team focused on next-generation
interconnects targeting high-end mobile, networking, and enterprise
markets. You will contribute to the specification,
microarchitecture and RTL design of high-performance,
energy-efficient interconnects. This opportunity is specific to a
confidential project, and as part of this small and talented team,
you will be able to expand your technical breadth relating to
leading-edge interconnects, including multi-chip, IO acceleration,
and new memory technologies. In addition, your close collaboration
with other Austin-based CPU and System IP engineering teams leads
to complete IP solutions to address the performance, power and cost
requirements for almost all application markets.
What will I be accountable for?
- Interconnect Micro-architecture specification and RTL
- Verilog RTL logic design and debug
- Working closely with performance modeling, validation, and
implementation teams to meet all functional requirements,
performance, power and area goals
Job RequirementsWhat skills, experience and qualifications do I
- Education BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer
- Prior RTL design experience is required.
- An ideal candidate will have at least 2+ and maybe even more
than 4+ years of work experience in microprocessor, SoC, memory
controller and interconnect IP design.
- Experience with interconnect and bus architectures (with
proficiency in IO acceleration, PCIe, system caching, QoS)
- CPU or compute subsystem memory micro-architecture.
- Experience with Verilog or VHDL, coupled with design synthesis
targeted to achieve specified frequency, power, and area
- Processor system knowledge including basic understanding of SoC
systems as well as operating system software
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, drive and diligence
- Work well in a team environment
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be motivated to continuously develop skills and accept a
variety of responsibilities as part of contributing to the design
- Be able to travel for training or occasional customer
Desired behaviors for this role:At Arm, we are guided by our core
beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions,
defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape
We, not I
Collaboration first, egos last.
---Start with long-term value to customers and partners, and work
back from there.
---Collaborate, decide, commit, and bring people with you.
---Make the most of all the skills and knowledge across Arm; share
information with those who need it.
---Care about the people around you.
Passion for progress
Innovation that enables our ecosystems, Arm and our people to
---Work with pace and judgement. Adapt to circumstances.
---Take risk in support of Arm's progress.
---Be accountable for the decisions you take. Learn from
---Pursue innovation relentlessly.
Be your brilliant self
Skillful individuality, performance and fulfilment.
---Seek and embrace differences.
---Encourage curiosity and challenge.
---Give people trust and autonomy; show people they can trust you
to do brilliant work in pursuit of Arm's goals.
BenefitsYour particular benefits package will depend on position
and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package
will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm's benefits program
provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay
innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and
create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only,
shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: caf-- on site, fitness facilities,
team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for
health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel
Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information,
please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
About ArmArm-- technology is at the heart of a computing and
connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live
and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our
advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the
intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering
products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer.
With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world's most
famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation
into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network
and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of
dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By
enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all
our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share
their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global
About the officeThe Arm Austin office employs staff from across all
divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North
America. Austin has the nickname of "Silicon Hills" thanks to the
high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the
"Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by
Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix
are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top
destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
Keywords: ARM, Austin , Micro Architect RTL Design Engineer- Enterprise Interconnect, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!