DevOps Engineer, 3rd Eye
Company: The Heil Co
Posted on: May 16, 2020
Environmental Solutions Group encompasses industry-leading
brands Heil Environmental, Marathon, Bayne, The Curotto-Can and
3rdEye One Vision to create a premier, fully integrated equipment
group serving the solid waste and recycling industry. Through
extensive voice-of-customer outreach, in-house engineering and
manufacturing capabilities, a wide-reaching service network, and
proven industry expertise, Environmental Solutions Group is focused
on solving customer problems through environmentally responsible
products and providing world-class support. For more information,
ESG is a Dover Corporation operating company. Dover s commitment to
operational and technical excellence makes it the world leader in
the Energy, Engineered Systems, Fluids, and Refrigeration & Food
Equipment markets. Dover is traded on the New York Stock Exchange
under DOV. Learn more at www.dovercorporation.com.
Operating Company: Environmental Solutions Group - 3rd Eye A Dover
Location: 3rd Eye Austin Headquarters, 13915 North Mopac #406,
Austin, TX 78728
Reports to: Manager of DevOps
Department: Software Engineering
3rd Eye is disrupting the traditional Fleet Safety Video Monitoring
and Telematics industries with leading high-quality media and
reliable digital delivery. Our services are engineered for high
availability, maximum reach, and cost savings for our customers.
Fleet managers can watch live streams or review safety events
instantly, from any device, to monitor their vehicle fleet. Our
technology is the cornerstone of our industry and our customers use
it to improve their fleet safety, operational, and maintenance
3rd Eye is looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer that can
build culture and automation to empower our software delivery teams
to deploy continuously. You will help manage our AWS
infrastructure, as well as engineer and maintain a fully automated
CI/CD pipeline. In addition, you will develop internal standards
and work with software delivery teams to provide them the autonomy
necessary to deliver, test and monitor our applications using
DevOps best practices.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
* Automate deployment, monitoring, incident response and maintain
infrastructure in AWS.
* Scripting, and software development using one or more programming
languages using DRY best practices.
* Exposure to and maintenance of configuration management
* Develop and improve best practices for Infrastructure as Code,
software build tools and promote CI/CD.
* Optimize performance, scale out and build resiliency in the
* Focus on infrastructure cost monitoring to help meet 3rd Eye's
business model expectations.
* Deployment of system and security patches and updates, including
managing the patching platform for servers.
* Participate in on-call rotations.
* Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or other technical
discipline with significant computer coursework) or equivalent
experience with relevant Professional Certification(s) such as AWS
Associate (or other equivalent experience).
* Experience in 24x7 production operations, preferably deploying
H/A, IoT and scalable applications.
* At least 4 years of experience in coding and scripting using one
or more programming languages.
* Minimum 2 years of experience with Linux administration.
* Minimum 2 years of direct Amazon AWS DevOps experience (or
equivalent cloud environments).
* Experience with containerization and infrastructure as code
technologies, preferably Terraform, Docker.
* Experience with CI/CD pipelines using tools such as Jenkins, AWS
Code Pipeline, Gitlab, or others.
* Experience with modern software configuration management tools
including Salt, Ansible, or others.
* Experience with distributed database clusters
* Familiarity with best practices for well-architected, secure
* Familiarity with common authentication schemes as 2FA/MFA, Key
* Experience working with typical network protocols including
TCP/IP, HTTP(/2), TLS, SSH.
* Excellent oral and written skills.
NICE TO HAVE:
* Experience with container provisioning and management such as AWS
ECS, Kubernetes, or AWS EKS.
* Experience building end-to-end CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins, AWS
Code Pipeline, Gitlab, or others.
* Experience creating/maintaining large-scale automated deployments
with Salt, Ansible, or others.
* Significant experience with multiple monitoring and logging tools
such as AWS CloudWatch + CloudTrail, Elastic Stack, Grafana +
Prometheus, Datadog, and Splunk.
* Significant experience with managing Distributed database
* Experience in designing, building, architecting of applications
* Strong understanding of AWS Security stacks such as GuardDuty,
Inspector, Macie, SecurityHub, Detective.
* Knowledge of Cyber Security Frameworks (NIST, ISO).
* Associate-level AWS Certification a plus, Professional-level a
* Proficiency at distilling complex concepts into tangible
Builds and Manages Collaborative Relationships
Winning the Right Way
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Ethics and Work Standards: Maintain the highest ethical and work
standards, while promoting the same attributes in co-workers and
others. Ensure that all business activities - with both internal
and external customers - to be performed with a professional
demeanor and that all participants be held accountable to this high
Communication: Expresses thoughts clearly, both orally and in
writing, using good grammar. Presents concise, well organized
reports in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Listens to
understand input, feedback and concerns. Provides complete
information in an open, honest and straightforward manner. Responds
promptly and positively to questions and requests.
Teamwork and Relationships: Works with other employees willingly
and in a spirit of cooperation and teamwork. Supports cooperation.
Demonstrates a commitment to the entire business and is supportive
of all initiatives (company and departmental) to help grow
Environmental Solutions Group business in the United States and
abroad. Cooperates fully with others to achieve organizational
goals. Is tactful, courteous, and considerate. Embraces a positive
outlook. Is respected and trusted by others.
Continual Improvement and Problem Resolution: Identifies and
communicates suggestions for work improvements. Uses technical and
analytical abilities to assure existing work practices are the most
efficient and cost effective possible. Performs root-cause analysis
and implements viable, permanent solutions to problems. Works with
both internal and external customers to develop solutions which
meet company-wide needs and objectives. Applies a sense of urgency
to resolve problems or creates opportunities that will increase
productivity and create value. Shares best practices with other
employees across the business.
Accountability: Accepts responsibility and accessibility for both
the strategic planning and the successful implementation of all
projects, programs, and duties as outlined in this job description.
Advises supervisor of concerns, problems and progress of work in a
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other
factors prohibited by law.
This position may be located in: Americas : United States : Texas :
Sub Division : 3RDEYE
Job Requisition ID : 32694.
Keywords: The Heil Co, Austin , DevOps Engineer, 3rd Eye, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!