Senior Cloud Engineer
Company: H E B
Posted on: February 16, 2020
H-E-B Digital is seeking new team members (Partners)! This is an
exciting time to join H-E-B Digital, and we're hiring across the
stack: front-end web and mobile, full-stack, infrastructure and
backend engineering. We're using the best available technologies to
deliver modern, engaging, reliable, and scalable experiences to
meet the needs of our growing audience. Our digital solutions are
growing in popularity and adoption-like Curbside and Home
Delivery-so you'll get the opportunity to define the user
experience for millions of customers and hundreds of thousands of
Partners. If you're someone who enjoys taking on new challenges,
working in a rapidly changing environment, learning new skills, and
applying it all to solve large and impactful business problems, we
want you as part of our team.
H-E-B Digital builds the tech that feeds Texas. We're investing
heavily in our customers' digital experience, reinventing how they
find inspiration from food, how they make food decisions, and how
they ultimately get food into their homes. For more information,
visit digital.heb.com.Our Partners thrive The H-E-B Way. As a
Senior Cloud Engineer, you would have a--- HEART FOR PEOPLE--- you
have a passion for mentorship and guidance, and love for the direct
person-to-person interactions that create strong bonds between
teams HEAD FOR BUSINESS--- you have an ownership mentality and a
consistent track record of timely delivery of high-quality software
PASSION FOR RESULTS--- the ability to guide the discussion, remove
roadblocks, and provide guardrails for your team as they identify
challenges and propose solutions What you'll do at HEB: We
facilitate the operation, modification, and collaborative evolution
of large-scale fault tolerant systems which delight our customers
beyond expectation...which is easier said than done. As a Senior
Cloud Engineer you would collaborate with a squad of tenacious,
eccentric engineers tasked with designing, building, and scaling a
platform which spans multiple cloud providers and physical
datacenters. We are responsible for evolving the performance,
efficiency, consistency, availability, observability, and emergency
response policies of our software, infrastructure, and it's
dependencies while being mindful of developer ergonomics. The Cloud
Engineering team is responsible for effective provisioning,
installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems
and software and related Cloud (AWS) infrastructure. This
individual participates in technical research and development to
enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.Engineer and
support a cloud solution within AWS.
- Develop migration paths for existing on-premise systems which
have elected to grow into AWS
- Develop, Implement, and Evangelize standards and best practices
as they relate to cloud solutions.
- Implement automation techniques to increase the native security
of our cloud-based systems while being mindful of the impact to
- Collaborate with our SRE team to design, configure, and manage
system monitoring and alerts for our cloud infrastructure that our
development teams depend on.
- Provide guidance and training to other team members.
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems;
develop and implement strategies for improving or further
leveraging these systems
- Design and operate pipeline processes which enhance the
security of our infrastructure at scale.
- Integrate on-premises services with the cloud-based services we
build and maintain.
- Create and maintain diagrams and documentation around system
configurations and processes.
- Engage and nurture other squads to be capable of maintaining
services once they are live by measuring and monitoring
availability, latency and overall system health.
- Provide ergonomic consistency between development,
non-production and production environments
- Implement security controls, provisioning processes, and
security best practices
- Promote technologies, techniques, and system architectures that
enable quick experimentation and fast feedback
- Identify and resolve inefficiencies spanning across multiple
teams/organizations through collaboration with the affected
Who We Are
H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in
the nation, operating over 400 stores throughout Texas and Mexico,
with annual sales generating over $26 billion.
- We hire talented people (116,000 Partners), and give them
autonomy to be creative in how they impact the business
- We're a Partner-driven company with a Bold Promise - Because
- We embrace Diversity and Inclusion as core values, and support
them with thriving company-wide programs
- We're a truly original Texas-based company that created the
Spirit of Giving to help Texas communities every day
- Once eligible, our Partners become Owners in the company.
"Partner-owned" means our most important resources-People-drive the
innovation, growth, and success that make H-E-B The Greatest
Who You Are
- 3 years of experience in Cloud computing with a primary focus
- 7 years of industry experience
- CS degree or relevant experience
- Strong understanding of cloud computing capabilities and
limitations, virtualization, infrastructure/platform.
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with AWS best (and worst) practices thorough
understanding of system and infrastructure management in the AWS
- Previous experience developing high performing, high traffic
solutions to scale
Keywords: H E B, Austin , Senior Cloud Engineer, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!